Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Myguide 3100 Running IGO Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Myguide 3100 Running IGO Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crossfordkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doughy wrote:
Im still looking out for maps but i have managed to make my Myguide 3100 into a movie player, i edited the addon txt on the sdcard and i now have a button called explorer and Multimedia on the first screen. I got the multimedia application from a myguide 3000 pna update and then reflashed it back with the cd my gps came with. After that the applications were still there.

Hi doughy,

I've alos downloaded the 3000 update, and can see the application for the mp3 player. Please could you give me a few details on how to install the files to the 3100.

Many Thanks.
bbdez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i use other poi (not speed cams), coz i have tried them in the same folder but no joy, also wot format coz all conversion progs dont have myguide in them...
doughy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crossfordkid wrote:
doughy wrote:
Im still looking out for maps but i have managed to make my Myguide 3100 into a movie player, i edited the addon txt on the sdcard and i now have a button called explorer and Multimedia on the first screen. I got the multimedia application from a myguide 3000 pna update and then reflashed it back with the cd my gps came with. After that the applications were still there.

Hi doughy,

I've alos downloaded the 3000 update, and can see the application for the mp3 player. Please could you give me a few details on how to install the files to the 3100.

Many Thanks.

ive not managed to get the mp3 player working, only the video. Im yet to find a compatible app to use.
crossfordkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doughy wrote:
crossfordkid wrote:
doughy wrote:

Hi doughy,

Many Thanks.

ive not managed to get the mp3 player working, only the video. Im yet to find a compatible app to use.

Hi doughy,

A few steps for getting the video working would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest iGO maps are mostly 2007.01.
doughy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crossfordkid wrote:
doughy wrote:
crossfordkid wrote:
doughy wrote:

Hi doughy,

Many Thanks.

Hi doughy,

A few steps for getting the video working would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

On your sdcard you will see a file called addons, edit the text so it looks like this and you will have some new button on the screen.

[modules]
Navigate = "", "\\Flash Disk\\myguide\\myguide.exe"
Explorer = "", "\\Windows\\Explorer.exe"
Multimedia = "", "\\Flash Disk\\Xmovie\\xmovie""

then you can use the windows explorer and the movie player. The navigate button will also be there.
sugarplum_249
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I anyone aware of any extra voices you can get for the myguide 3100, as i one that are on there drive me mad!
robmilleruk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: 3000 update Reply with quote

Hi Doughy,

I am having problems trying to install the 3000 update on myguide 3100, I have copied update to SD card as the yguide instructions but when I turn the unit on it just freezes on the start up screen, can you pleae explain how you installed the update, so I can use as media player.

Thanks.
doughy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i did was copied the pna update as instructions to the sdcard and then insert into myguide3100 and press the reset button and on reboot it said updating, after that i had to reinstall the myguide from the cd that came with the unit as the 3000 update stopped the navigation working, however once i reverted back to my old software the movie player files were still there so i could get that working but not the audio player.
robmilleruk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: MyGuide 3100 Update Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I tried it all again and it worked fine, for some reason one of the files I downloaded was corrupt. I now have media player working. Thanks again.
fracas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On your sdcard you will see a file called addons, edit the text so it looks like this and you will have some new button on the screen.

[modules]
Navigate = "", "\\Flash Disk\\myguide\\myguide.exe"
Explorer = "", "\\Windows\\Explorer.exe"
Multimedia = "", "\\Flash Disk\\Xmovie\\xmovie""

then you can use the windows explorer and the movie player. The navigate button will also be there.

anybody know why i have "NOT" got a file called addons in my 3100? it is new and i have not deleted anything?? i would also like to try this!
doughy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you have a sdcard installed?
fracas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doughy wrote:
and you have a sdcard installed?

hi, no i do not. it came with 512mb inbuilt..

i do have an sd card if it matters? though im sure it should not?

Confused

just read the box again and also noticed that it is the "3110".

Last edited by fracas on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
fracas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again, i have found out that the file is named differently on my model.
it is a text file called "IGOPATH". after finding that out then adding the lines of text as above, i now have my buttons!!! YaY!!

now all i gotta do is figure out getting windows ce software running on it, which should not be too hard. ill keep ya posted Shocked

Razz
danmanuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Myguide 3100 media software missing Reply with quote

Hi all, sorry if this post is in the wrong section. I've only just joined and I'm a GPS new comer.

I bought my Myguide 3100 from Halfords which was a Bad mistake as didn't come with mains charger, USB cable and MOST importantly NO CD containing the software - only a cd with the manuals on.

I want to play around with my device but not if I don't have the software to restore it should I break it.

Anyone know where I can obtain the software from as there isn't a download from what I can see on the Myguide site.

Maybe somebody can create an iso image of their media CD and make it available to me.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: