Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mobile:15674@30 Incorectly Removed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile:15674@30 Incorectly Removed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Mobile:15674@30 Incorectly Removed Reply with quote

I have noted that since January 2007, this Mobile:15674@30 positioned between Tame Grove & St Johns Rd in Cannock Staffs, has been wrongly removed from the monthly data base updates. I have the little beggar on the December 2006 data and it is still in regular operation. I know this because in April it caught my wife allegedly doing 44mph, which seems a bit fast for her, but she still got the £60 fine and 3 points. :x
It is usually in this spot for 2 days every 2 or 3 weeks. Can someone reinstate it to the updates please. I find its removal a bit disconcerting, how many other errors are out there.

Last edited by blazer on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it in the pMobile data? If so it was removed pending confirmation in an attempt to clear up the Mobile database.

Update: CHecked and it's not in Mobile or pMobile.
blazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Is it in the pMobile data? If so it was removed pending confirmation in an attempt to clear up the Mobile database.

Update: CHecked and it's not in Mobile or pMobile.

It was originally listed in the normal confirmed mobile data in every update pre January 2007. Why has it been removed?

(.)
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as mobiles, and pending mobiles are concerned, members have been asked to report them, when they see them, to conferm they are still in use at that particular site. There is 3 by me, and I regularly report the sites as being active. If nobody has reported the site by you recently, then that is why it has been removed. Remember, the database is only as accurate as the information we give it. Perminant cameras will only be removed if a report is sent in that a camera has been removed, and confermed.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Mobile:15674@30 Incorectly Removed Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
I have noted that since January 2007, this Mobile:15674@30 positioned between Tame Grove & St Johns Rd in Cannock Staffs, has been wrongly removed from the monthly data base updates.
If you're convinced it still gets used, resubmit it here, giving as many details as possible about the location. I've just had a look at AutoRoute. Is the Mobile sited on the main road or on one of the parallel "service" roads? Normally when there are "service" roads for parking, there is nowhere for a car or van to park on the main road. Is it a hand-held camera?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
missing_user

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google map [on submission page] shows it there but in the pmobile colour! The google map also shows 15769@30 covered/hidden by the removed 30-G-5268!

The .gdb download shows it missing but has 30-M-8220 + 30-M-15769 either side of it[0.3miles between them]!
So basically those two locations would be so close to 15674 that the unit would be constantly warning you [with default warning setting] as to make the inclusion of 15674 a waste! Three camera locations in .3miles!

How could anyone be caught with that many warnings in 0.3miles? :D

Anyway the database does not show a constant/complete record as the Google and Garmin .gdb are different!?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strumble - the google map is 'live' from the database and not the latest release. i've added the 'offending' camera back to the pmobile file for now until another verifier can get to it again.

we use 'live' data for the google maps as a way to reduce the number of reports for new cameras - i.e. once we've had enough reports and new camera verified then it shows on the map and new submitters will see that we already have it and not submit any more addition requests. it works most of the time!

MaFt
blazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobile:15674@30 Incorectly Removed Reply with quote

BGF wrote:
If you're convinced it still gets used, resubmit it here, giving as many details as possible about the location. I've just had a look at AutoRoute. Is the Mobile sited on the main road or on one of the parallel "service" roads? Normally when there are "service" roads for parking, there is nowhere for a car or van to park on the main road. Is it a hand-held camera?

The pmobile now shows it in the correct position, where it's always been, except it should be listed as confirmed. It is located in a service road along side Avon Road facing south westerly. It's a big boy camera that looks out the back window.

(.)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The pmobile now shows it in the correct position, where it's always been, except it should be listed as confirmed.

Have you submitted a confirmation?
blazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now submitted a confirm.

P.S.
Just wondered and not that I'm bothered, but would I now be entitled to free updates having drew your attention to this omission and resubmitted a confirm? If so, how do I receive them/it?

(.)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free lifetime subscription is only for FIXED cameras, I'm afraid.
blazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just as well I'm not bothered then... Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: