Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Installation Guide using TomTom Home
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Installation Guide using TomTom Home
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belladaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Speed cameras via TomTom Home Reply with quote

I want to load via TomTom home but using Version 2.1.1.106 with my 720 on the File / Preferences page there is no Advancved Tab and no folder for Extra content. Can I still add cameras via TomTom Home? Question
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it works if you put the files in the Download location.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
dj_sim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

works ok on tomtom v2
Digibox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera file on TT Home v2.1.2.121 Reply with quote

Works well with my TT510 v7.161. Install new GPS file to computer before starting HOME. Follow instructions re older versions on this website but extract files to the Download folder instead of the Content folder. Then start HOME and use 'Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc' followed by 'Items on my Computer'. The speed camera file will appear under the 'Points of Interest' button. If you install new GPS files with HOME running it does not pick up the new GPS version until HOME software is re-started. Works very well Very Happy

Hope this is of help.

Map: ‘UK and IE plus major roads of WE’ v675.1409
Application 7.161 (8491/071107) OS:2326
GPS v1.21, Boot 4.8600
vinh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baillieboy wrote:
Hey There,

I've managed to make it work on Version 2.

You can add files from your computer by selecting the "Add Maps, Traffic, Voice etc" from the "TomTom Home 2" main menu. Then select "Items on my computer"

I just made sure the correct database toc and cab files were placed in the TomTom Downloads folder (check your location in the Preferences - Folder Preferences)

Hope this helps

Great Tip!!! Works great -- I was able to load the speed cameras into my TomTom One using TomTom Home version 2.1 with your directions. Thanks.
finepics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: For Vista users Reply with quote

I'm running TomTom Home v2.1 and had no problems once I'd located the correct folder. In Tom Tom home after selecting "Add Maps, Traffic Voices etc then selecting POI a dialogue box allows you to point to any folder you like to find downloads etc.

The actual Tom Tom download folder is NOT in the Tom Tom Program folder (ie C:\program files\TomTom Home) but in the Tom Tom folder that's in Documents:

ie C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me if I'm being daft, but what is the point of the "Home" version?
If you still have to copy and paste the files into a specific directory on your PC in order for Home to find them and move them onto your TomTom, why not just copy and paste them there yourself? Stop it!
teamgers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if anyone can help, but i cant get tomtom home ( latest version ) to work!! its driving me nuts, its all downloaded onto my pc, but when i try to access any of the items on it it just locks up and i get the " this item is not responding " message, and then i close it down, i've tried it in three different USB portsbut its still the same, thats why i'm reluctant to download the latest speed camera data base, so frustrating.

If anyone can help i'd be much obliged.

Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamgers wrote:
thats why i'm reluctant to download the latest speed camera data base, so frustrating.

But you don't need Home to download the database from here...

So long as you can connect the TomTom to the PC and get the PC to recognise it as a new drive, then you just download the one of the "ov2" versions of the database and copy it to the Go.
Nicky1959
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go Installation instrustions Reply with quote

I have just been given a Tom Tom 720 and am trying to install the cameras when I open up Tom Tom Home folder preferences it does not contain the line Extra Content folder what do I do next?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the process of re-hashing the How to use Home as you will be using Home version 2, this user guide was written 12 months ago when we were using Home 1,5 (or there abouts).

You do not need to use Home to install the database from this site, please follow This Guide as it is written around using Text To Speech for camera warnings - Mike
Nicky1959
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 720 Camera updates Reply with quote

Mike you are a star many thanks! Very Happy
creoulo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Uninstall Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been answer before, To install the camera database I need to uninstall the previous one or the original tom tom speed cameras to get more room?If so, how I can do it? Thanks.Question Question
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to remove the old files when installing the PGPSW Database for the first time or updating it, simply copy the files to the map folder on the device, the files are quite small so they don't take up much in the way of capacity. Each update will simply overwrite the old files, this leaves all the settings intact making updates a very simple operation.

If you want to remove the TomTom database you can do so, have a look at #13 on the FAQ page which can be found Here - if you haven't already made a full backup I would also suggest you read #1 - Mike
creoulo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thank you.[/b]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: