Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Official statement from Rikaline UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Official statement from Rikaline UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Official statement from Rikaline UK Reply with quote

Sam Goldsmith from Rikaline UK phoned me yesterday and discussed some of the issues that are being reported in the forums. Here is his official statement.

Quote:
Mike,

It was a pleasure talking to you yesterday. As per our conversation I will confirm what we spoke about on the phone:

1) There was a batch of 500 units of the 6012 receivers that were faulty due to a manufacturing fault. However 380 of these have been recalled from resellers and any faulty ones will be replaced by either resellers or rikaline UK. If customers need to contact rikaline UK they may do so by emailing us: tech@rikaline.co.uk

2) The way to tell the difference between the rikaline 6010 and the 6012 is that the 6012 has a removable base where as the 6010 receiver does not. The casing is identical on all the receivers. Please note that the Rikaline X5 has not been sold in the UK. Also note that regardless of which receiver you have you should choose serial com port 1 and Rikaline 6010 as the receiver.

3) The Rikaline Bluetooth X7 receiver will be updated by rikaline UK for all customers. This will be in the form of a software update or if requested we will swap the unit over with the new version. The software update is to be released in January and Rikaline TW are currently working on this. The current receiver does work and should be paired as follows:

A) Press the button on the front of the receiver for 5 seconds
B) The light starts to flash
C) At this point you should search for the device on your pocket pc. You have about 15 seconds to do the search. The 15 sec time limit will be increased in the upcoming software update.

D) The correct settings on tomtom are: Receiver: Tomtom Wireless GPS, Com Port 8

4) Finally, the individual with the faulty X5 receiver - if you ask him to contact me at sam@rikaline.co.uk I will arrange for this to be replaced.

Please let me know if I have missed anything and I will confirm it by return email.

Have a Merry Christmas

Samuel Goldsmith

hijacker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Unfortunately I'm reading your messages a bit out of sync Embarassed but regarding the one below (point 3), are Rikaline saying that the update for the X7 is more to do with pairing the unit to a PPC rather than the inability to maintain connectivity?

I thought most peoples problems were to do with connectivity. Or is this becase they have been paired incorrectly to start with?

Thanks.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is the data from the GPS isn't getting back to the Pocket PC via the Bluetooth connection. The firmware in theory can update both aspects of the GPS and Bluetooth modules.
Wingnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Rikaline blueetooth info Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently purchased a Rikaline X7 to go with my iPAQ H5550 and TomTom Navigator 2.

I had loads of problems to begin with, which I assumed was the X7, after many emails back and forth to Rikaline UK (who gave excellent service and advice, and on a weekend with very quick replies) I/we figured out that the on/off switch on the X7 needs to be held down for 9 seconds until the blue light stays on, not flashing as stated above. Then the iPAQ picks up the X7 everytime.

I would also like to thank Pocket GPS for your help in this matter as well.

Regards

Jason

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: