Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom TMC - Areas of Service / No Service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom TMC - Areas of Service / No Service
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTomTomer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tez wrote:

But I will have to put up with it untill 2nd quater 07 Sad Sad Sad Sad

It's offical now:

TomTom to replace RDS/TMC receivers
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one else received the email from TomTom saying that they are to be replaced?

I have been harrassing them for weeks on the 'not fit for purpose' argument - I have posted and emailed a formal complaint 14 days ago, and they have ignored that.

Complaint gone in the post again today...........

Lets see what happens!

Andy
lola
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: TT Plus Services Reply with quote

I have a query which some of the more regular listeners may know the answer to:

When I use TT Traffic (By GPRS BTW) - I frequently find the TT Traffic is out of date. For example the M5 near where I live is still reporting one lane closed at least a week after it was opened.

So - do other TTT users find the service is out of date or at least inaccurate?

I would say that having used it for 6 months nearly that TTT is of little use. I understand the problems the TMC users experience (tried a Nuvi before buying OV2) but once you do get TTT - is it any use?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom have put the status of my case with them to 'researching'!!!

At last someone might actually bother reading it instead of coming back with the usual rubbish excuses or if you don't like our reply then write in and complain!

Andy
simonp123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have raised my poor RDS unit performance via the TomTom website twice in the last week with no reply at all. I work within a few miles of a Classic FM trnasmitter and I can still only get a lock about 30% of the time, this is indeed poor.
My 3rd contact will be asking if it is their customer service policy to ignore customers question, that has usually worked with other companies to invoke a response!
tonygamble
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may live to eat my words but .............

TomTom acknowledge that the existing TMC device is not adequate for the UK and that is why they are bringing out something new. It is not a case that some of the existing ones work and some don't.

I am not aware that anyone had problems getting a replacement suction mount, nor a replacement for the desktop ones that had a badly fitting power lead. The only hoop you had to go through was to prove that you owned a TomTom and had paid for it.

As I say, I may live to....., but do you honestly think that TomTom are going to make it hard to get your old style TMC device replaced with their upcoming new one?

Apart from anything else just look at the device. It must cost them less than a tenner to manufacture. What is the point of arguing. All they need to ensure is that some smart Alec does not lay his hands on 100 and start flogging them off on e:bay for £55 each.

Tony
simonp123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonygamble wrote:

As I say, I may live to....., but do you honestly think that TomTom are going to make it hard to get your old style TMC device replaced with their upcoming new one?

Common senso would dictate not, but they do seem to make it hard to get any form of reply!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - mine has been on a status of Research for over a day now and they have passed to 2nd line.

I asked them to pass to 2nd line 2 weeks ago, all I got was the usual if you don't like our answer then here is our formal complaints procedure reply.

I am also miffed as I got v650 maps with my GO510 bought mid feb, and a colleague has v660 maps on one bought a week later.
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're now aware of reports that TT had acknowledged the issues with the TMC\RDS and that 'replacements' may be available in Q2. Why then do they still try to fob people off?

Eventually got the TT support site to accept my complaint. But guesss what...
Growl starts......

Despite this being a known problem, and my sending a detailed and specific message containing all the known 'have you tried this' reponses covered, I recd the same stock reply as i'd seen to other people.

Clearly they do NOT READ the messages they get.

TomTom Support sucks!!! But then it always has!! TomTom are you listening...?

Bottom line is that this receiver DOES NOT WORK RELIABLY!!!!

I and many others have experienced the same poor response from TT, when it took many months for TT to acknowledge then replace the Mounts. How much easier would it be to to yes, were looking into it or we'll replace it? But I forget, that would only be from a professional organisation that considers it's customers as valued. TT clearly do NOT!!

Anyone else out there considering purchasing a TT device, BEWARE!!

Growl over.....

SatMap
Captain__Chaos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the software working in my 910 unit - I needed two files to get it working and now a standard (non modified) RDS-TMC works almost perfectly from start to finish. I've been promised the new unit when TomTom get around to making them, but really I can't imagine an improvement on this one now!!
m623d
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what 2 files are they and where did you get them from?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Location, Location, Location - you are very privileged to get that sort of reception - are you driving local to a high power transmitter using Classic FM?? - no other reasonable explanation - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m623d wrote:
what 2 files are they and where did you get them from?

Have a look at Captain__Chaos' other post.
Captain__Chaos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Live in New Moston, Manchester and I've tried it to the city centre and also to and from work in North Manchester. Once I get a lock on, it doesn't seem to lose it. I lay the cable down the centre of the car towards the back seats and I've got an Audi Cabriolet, so whether the soft top is better for reception, I don't know.

I'll be trying the system out in my mpv tomorrow - so this may be a better test than the cab.

The files are both called "Traffic" and are in the "Western_and_Central_Europe" folder. I eventually got copies from my own backups (after searching for ages!!!!!) But I always suspected I had software problems as I never got the stupid thing tuning!!!
Captain__Chaos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - here goes - this morning, the TomTom told me about the major hold ups on the M60 and promptly directed me straight into the middle of them!!!

Never mind - at least it was working!! On the return journey, it worked for about three quarters of the time, but didn't have any hold ups to report.

Overall, very satisfactory!!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: