Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help wanted TomTom GO 300 software/update question?!?!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help wanted TomTom GO 300 software/update question?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5MINSALONE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Help wanted TomTom GO 300 software/update question?!?! Reply with quote

Hi there new user here so please be gentle Wink

I'm a bit lost and just wondering, I have just bought my dad the GO 300 for xmas (and hes very happy with it and were itching to get started) but looking through the booklet and website it seemed a good idea to backup the SD (which I have done) and install the HOME program.

Now on opening HOME and connectiong the GO 300 it popped up with an update for Version 6.520 but when I tried to install it it said memory full. So I cannot install the latest updates.

Now sorry to sound dumb! Laughing Out Loud Embarassed I was a bit shocked as I thought the software was on the hard drive of the sat nav??? and the maps are on the SD???

So am I right in thinking I need a bigger SD card (current one is 128) then to do an update? and if so will I have to transfer the maps from the current SD?

Any help for this noob appriciated? and if you can thropw in any other helpful advice such as accessories, POIs etc it would be greatly appriciated. We all start somewhere eh?

Thank you for your time :P

Claire x
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clair, Welcome to the forum, Please have a read through a few of the links found on the FAQ page HERE I would start with items one and eight, It is quite possible the card is too full to accept the new application, although there are ways to free up space once you have backed up the original card to the PC. - Mike
5MINSALONE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike

Thanks for your quick reply, I will do as advised and check out 1 and 8.

To free up space what would you recommend "loosing" as I dont want to mess with it too much and ultimately - brake it!!! (that would really make my dads xmas)

thanks again

Claire x
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have the files fully backed up you can remove some of the overseas voices, this can free up a few MB, but to be honest I would be tempted to get a slightly larger SD card, they don't cost a lot these days, and you will be safe in the knowledge the working card is still in, an as supplied condition. A lot of users do this, I apreciate its "just in case" but it really is the safer method - Mike
5MINSALONE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank you will do that, youve been very helpful!

8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: