Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham 6200 from Asda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham 6200 from Asda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opie8565
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or has anyone tried this with the 7500?? they seem to be the same hardware.
exbootneck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: evesham 6200 Reply with quote

Quote:
The only problem I had was setting up GPS with tom-tom I didn't know what to select. I finally found out I had to select - Other cable NMEA GPS - GPS baud rate 19200 - COM2: . These settings have worked perfectly for me.

i've converted a few different sat nav units to run TomTom, in each case I've had to set the gps to a baud rate of 4800. maybe this will help.
Jo72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody help me!!! Purlease?!!

Got Nav Cam 6200 for xmas and want to know if there is anyway of updating the map? Already i have found a Post Office which closed two years ago and two roundabouts missing!

I'm not the most techno minded person (i can just about cut copy and paste Laughing Out Loud) so i'm not sure if i'm being super-stupid and not reading the instructions right, my pc is or if its not possible to do. Managed to do the speed camera update so i don't think i'm a total lost cause .............. (?) Embarassed

Cheers!!!
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now got TomTom 6 installed to run from an SD card and working on Nav-Cam 6200. Works really well and locks on to satellite in about 15 secs. There is no issue with speed of the aplication.

Thanks to all you guy in the forum.

I got the Nav-Cam in a Xmass raffel. Before now have used TTM5 on my Nokia 6680. Tried the standard Evesham mapping software on a route I have done many times before, it took me an hour out of my way!!!.

Used Bales1983 and mickathome's instructions Thanks again guys. Managed to find a copy of TT6 that installed from the SD card. I Did instal TT5 at first using an emulator. (not for the faint harted) Also stopped the welcome.exe from running using regedit, just gets in the way. Also if you uncheck the taskbar setting for always on top, TT runs full screen.

If anyone know of a good picture viewer app please let me know.

Happy to help if I can.
exbootneck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: video player Reply with quote

try this link its where I got my video player from that I use on my medion 96800 and my mio p350. it may have a picture viewer, i haven't really looked at all the plug ins
http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/[url]
exbootneck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: last message Reply with quote

sorry I don't know whats wrong, after i posted the last message i tested it and the link doesn't work. so do what i did in the first place. use google to find TCPMP and take it from there.
Anstice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo72 wrote:
Can somebody help me!!! Purlease?!!

Got Nav Cam 6200 for xmas and want to know if there is anyway of updating the map? Already i have found a Post Office which closed two years ago and two roundabouts missing!

As far as I know you can't manually edit/update maps (if that's what you meant)... I think you are supposed to submit any mistakes to the map makers and download updates when available...
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks exbootneck for the info, from that I found;

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php

Lots of stuff but most requires active sync to instal, I installed on to emulator but found it hard to know what file to copy over to 6200.

Anyone found an easy way to instal programes? or got active sync to work?
big_al_scot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: video player Reply with quote

exbootneck wrote:
try this link its where I got my video player from that I use on my medion 96800 and my mio p350. it may have a picture viewer, i haven't really looked at all the plug ins
http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/

Lin is here http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/
big_al_scot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: evesham 6200 Reply with quote

exbootneck wrote:
Quote:
The only problem I had was setting up GPS with tom-tom I didn't know what to select. I finally found out I had to select - Other cable NMEA GPS - GPS baud rate 19200 - COM2: . These settings have worked perfectly for me.

i've converted a few different sat nav units to run TomTom, in each case I've had to set the gps to a baud rate of 4800. maybe this will help.

Don't know about that runing at 19200 works flawlessly
slick_c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got tt5 going fine and dandy
but now i just got tt6 from ebay with maps but i need to place the map files manually. because tt6 says it cant find the maps. where do i need to place them?
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
because tt6 says it cant find the maps. where do i need to place them?

Just put the GBmaps folder in the root of your SD card. You can move all the files to the SD card except the files in mydocuments.
Jo72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Anstice, I've had such a nightmare that the thing is going back to the shop. I hope nobody else experiences the problems I have with the Nav Cam 6200.

I decided to give it a trial run in my local area to get used to the workings of it - its a bit different from sat nav i have used in the past.
I drove from home to work, a two mile run, and noted a post office listed which closed down 2 years ago, a petrol station which i watched being demolished, and the ASDA store where the thing came from didn't exist (its been open for 3 years) the pub i sat in was apparently a field (been there 30 years) and a whacking great cinema complex which i have visited since a child? Nope.

When driving home from work yesterday it told me the wrong directions twice (right, not left) and directed me to an industrial estate!

I contact the support team at Nav-Cam.com who said their mapping system was from 2006 and there were no possible updates, i did get a detailed explanation of how to download speed camera updates but had told them in my email i had already done that, no problems.

So i'm off back to ASDA (the one that doesn't exist) for a refund of the Nav-Cam and the £30 waste of time memory card, gonna get me a Tom-Tom!
£99 did look to good to be true and it definitely was!

:D :D :D
slick_c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i couldnt seem to get the maps to be seen.
i tried it on the emulator and works fine.
but it just wont see it on the 6200.
i am at my wits end here
nt639
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help Please!,
My 6200 hung last night while driving, when i got home did a soft reset & it says: Fatal Application Error- Application Mainpage.exe has performed an illegal operation & will be shut down with an exception code & address. Have done a hard reset & does the same, tried a reload of the navcam s/w, still the same, and then tried activesync, but will not recognise the device.
Is the only option a trip back to asda?

thanks in advance

Nigel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: