Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New to Mio 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Mio 510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigrem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: New to Mio 510 Reply with quote

I ahve used Tom Tom since version 1 and am now on version5 running on a PDA, I was dissapointed when TT removed the facility to input Latitude and Longitude co-ordinates but overcame that with 3rd party software.
However although version 6 of TT is suposedto reinstate Lat and Lon facility it is not yet clear if or when TT offer an upgrade.
Unfortunately my PDA has gone U/S so I am faced with buying a new PDA plus the upgrade to TT 6 if it becomes available.
Am now looking at a Mio C510 but none of the informatio I have obtained answeres all the questions so I am looking for helpmon this forum please.
1 Can you put in Lat and Lon co-ordinates.
2 Can you put in your own itiniary.
3 Can you select a point on the map as part of the itiniary.
4 Can you inspect the route of an itiniary before travelling.
5 Can you download other POI's into the C510.
6 How do you connect between PC and unit, is it the Microsoft Synchronise system.
7 Can you control the volume and is the volume loud enough when travelling on lousy noisy motorway surfaces.
Hope I am not asking too much but any comments would be appreciated.
Doug
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trigrem.

In answer to your questions.
1. Yes you can enter Lat/Lon coordinates and route to them if that takes your fancy. (I prefer street names & door numbers myself :D ).

2. Yes you can enter your own intinerary. This is easy to use and works very well.

3. Yes you can enter a point on the map as part of your itinerary.

4. Yes you can inspect the route of your itinerary and it's a piece of cake to change the order if necessary.

5. POI's. This is the only let down with these units. I believe some people have had limited success using third party software. We were informed we may be able to import our own with the latest software release (v3.2), but as of yet I haven't heard of anyone doing it. But your talking to someone here who has never navigated to a POI in his life.

6. You can only gain access to the file structure using a bluetooth dongle.
If you've got to buy one go for v2. I'm using v1.2 and boy is it slooooow.

7. Volume is way louder than the Garmin's & Navman's. It's up there with the TT910, in other words, more than loud enough.

Hope this answers your queries.

CeeJay.
Trigrem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ceejay
Thanks for you quick reply. The reason for my requests re lat & Lon is we travel across Europe by Motorhome and a lot of the guides to campsites, Aires in France & Stellplatz in Germany give Lat & Lon co-ordinates, and it is safer than searching for road signs whilst a mad continental driver is trying to attach his vehicle to my rearend.
Thanks also for you advice re Bluetooth dongle.
I notice on this forum that 3.2 is now available, perhaps I will wait until someone mentions the possibility of downloading other POI's, or the possibility of producing ones own list.

Regards Trigrem
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trigrem.

Glad to assist.
I now understand your need for Lat & Lon's. :D

CeeJay.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: