Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - magellan 760 download help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

magellan 760 download help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleWil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: magellan 760 download help Reply with quote

I have connected my Magellan 760 to the computer and gone onto the site and logged into my account and gone to the download page of the magellan 760 but nothing seems to be highlighted allowing me to download the zip to my computer so I can install the new magellan POI manager with the three icons on the front and whatever link I press it seems to take me round in circles, can anyone suggest anything as to what I might be doing wrong. also the only zip I can manage to download is the jan 06 database which is by now way out of date.

little wil
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you subscribed - £2 for a month or £19 for a year?

If so have you followed the instructions here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/magellan-poi-manager-speed-cameras.php?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
LittleWil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: magellan 760 download help Reply with quote

thank you for your reply PeterC10 I have subscribed my £2.00 a month and I have connected my magellan to the computer and so onto the site managed to download a zip pgpsw-speed - cams 255kb but this is no good for me if I cannot download the new POI manager which you should be able to help you transfer the files quickly to the Magellan 760 ie: with the three icons on the front, what I would like to know is, where is the zip file which you download to the computer and why doesn't it allow me to highlight it to download it and as for have I read the instruction I can only say yes I have many time to no avail and I have also printed a copy off.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I read the instructions the software you are looking for (POI Manager for your Magellan) should have come with the Magellan. There is no suggestion that that software is on this site. If it did not come with your unit I can only suggest you contact the supplier or manufacturer.
Copilot for USA
LittleWil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: magellan 760download help Reply with quote

you are right I did not have the POI manager with the unit but instead I had thames navigation send it to me via email about two weeks ago, but I don't know how I can install the zip which it tells me in the installation of the safety camera database so that it will allow me to update the magallan more efficiently, because looking at the instructions of the PDF file it suggests that when you have connected the magellan to the computer and it recognises the POI manager and then you exit the program as well as go into your log in your Download the latest Database it should be highlighted which it is not in my case unless I am understanding the PDF instructions incorrectly. and once you unzip the file to your computer it presents you with a POI with three icons which allows you to install the information more quickly which I cannot access.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knowing your unit I am not going to be much further help. However as a starter I would guess that you need first to unzip the camera database file. Have you done that using the built in unzipper with Windows XP or a separate unzip programme like Winzip? If the answer is yes then I suspect that is about my limit!
Copilot for USA
LittleWil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: magellan 760 download help Reply with quote

I have unzipped the camera database file but I cannot access the new POI winzip file which on page 4 under the magellan box which is labelled Download the Database because this is not highlighted when I go into the page which should allow you to load the new camera database file onto the magellan as shown in the PDF file unless I am thinking that it is going to form a new POI manager like the one shown in the PDF instructions on page 5?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: