Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin c310
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin c310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOBKON
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Garmin c310 Reply with quote

I have just purchased a Garmin c310. I have downloaded POI loader software and loaded the speed camera database onto the c310. When I try to load some mor POIs I get a message saying there is not eniugh room on the card. Is there a way of deliting some of the info of the card or can I buy a bigger card and transfer all the data, maps, POIs etc on to it. If this is possible how do I go about it. What size card would be best. Question

Bob
doobs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: c310 Reply with quote

By default, the poi loader tries to load the poi's to the unit itself and because of this, there is a little trial and error involved! First, make sure you store your poi's in the same pc folder as your speed cameras. Then either put sd card in card reader (if you have one) and then launch poi loader which should show the card/card reader under the "device" bit. Use the browse facility to find your pc folder and carry on with installation - Should then work. If not, use the poi loader as before - each time you get the "not enough memory left" message then delete some poi's in your pc folder and try again and keep going til it accepts it as there is only 1-2mb internal storage space on the unit!
gcb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a C310.

Unlike the I3s with a Micro SD the C310 holds POIs and Language files in its memory. The SD Card only holds the Maps.

Hence the I3 can hold more POIs than the C310.
Dispite this the C310 can hold quite a lot.

I have 23000 in mine without problem.

There may be some ways of doing better.

Try deleting all POIs from your C310 so it has non and putting them on the SD card with a card reader like an I3. under \GARMIN\Poi\poi.gpi
may just work.

Dodgy but Im sure may well work.

Check which languages you have on the C310.
Look for updates using the Garmin web update. Individually select to update these languages. Watch it do the delete and pull the USB cable on it as it starts the write. Do this to delete all those crappy languages you will never use. Each one takes 10000 POIs of space. I think they must share the same storage so this should work.
doobs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: c310 poi's Reply with quote

I can confirm that the card reader method works ok as i now have the poi's & speed cameras loaded on both the card & the unit !
steadyeddieuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to find this post after my original post.
I managed to put the POI's onto the SD card but the unit still doesnt seem to recognise them, for instance I type in Aldi on the device but it doesnt seem to find any.
I think the easiest way would be to remove all the junk off the unit, i.e the different languages etc. but I cant seem to find the files to remove.
I've used Windows Explorer and found the Garmin folder, but am unsure which files to delete.
Can anybody help?
Jeff
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadyeddieuk wrote:
I've used Windows Explorer and found the Garmin folder, but am unsure which files to delete.
If you are unsure, please be very careful - there are particular files in that directory which, once deleted can't be restored (unless you have a backup), and could render the unit useless until it's returned to Garmin.

The only directory I would consider deleting from is the \Garmin\Voice directory, although don't delete the English voice (or any voice currently selected).

However, how much space does Explorer say the drive has free?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: