Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barncluith wrote:
When I downloaded the database this morning using CM I only got two bmp and csv files. Since I have always downloaded the "Speed Zone Complete" database I would have expected individual files for each different speed / camera type.

No, that's correct - CM downloads the single CSV format database (the "raw data", if you like), before working its magic on it.
Barncluith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash,

In your post about the changes in CM v3.0 you stated that "All separated Overspeed warnings are now combined into a single POI category in order to half the overall number of POI categories."

I created an overspeed voice warning (slow down) for each camera category e.g. PocketGPS_SC_Moblie_Overspeed. wav. However, when travelling at overspeed I only get a Bong warning.

Have I misunderstood your post and have I to create a voice warning for each camera / speed category e.g. PocketGPS_Mobile_30_Overspeed.wav?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barncluith wrote:
In your post about the changes in CM v3.0 you stated that "All separated Overspeed warnings are now combined into a single POI category in order to half the overall number of POI categories."

I created an overspeed voice warning (slow down) for each camera category e.g. PocketGPS_SC_Moblie_Overspeed. wav. However, when travelling at overspeed I only get a Bong warning.

Have I misunderstood your post and have I to create a voice warning for each camera / speed category e.g. PocketGPS_Mobile_30_Overspeed.wav?

All overspeed warnings now go into a single file (PocketGPS_SC_Overspeed.gpx), irrespective of camera type or speed limit - this halves the number of generated POI categories.

If you want a voice warning for overspeed (rather than just the standard bong), you should ensure that you have a corresponding PocketGPS_SC_Overspeed.wav or PocketGPS_SC_Overspeed.mp3 in your POI directory.

Last edited by Ash10 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lost my "slow down " overspeed warning , it worked on the beta sw but now seems to have gone .

I do have *.mp3 files to match the camera files but how do they get in the *overspeed .gpx file.

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried to use V3 for the first time and all I did was to replace the exe file.

When I run the POI loader I get multiple instances of this:

Click here for a list of all the files in my POI directory.

I use a custom image set and home made custom audio files (the 'Graham' set on this site is me).

I'm using a Garmin 765 - It does seem to have put something on the GPS but I have no idea how complete it is and guess who's off on a 300 mile trip tomorrow into unknown territory?

What do I need to do in order to make my images and sounds work with this new version?

Thanks.

/edit - I got round the immediate need by reverting back to the previous version and forcing a new download of the data so I'm good to go tomorrow but would obviously like a solution if one is possible Smile
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feek wrote:
I've just tried to use V3 for the first time and all I did was to replace the exe file.

Hmm. I've never seen (or heard of) that one.

From your file listing, I notice that you've still got the "old" files left over from CM2.7 (or did you grab the directory listing after reverting to 2.7?)

With CM3 you don't need the "PocketGPS_UK..." files as these have superceeded with "PocketGPS_SC...", as CM3 is not UK specific.
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my "slow down" overspeed warning back by doing as Ash said creating one overspeed file .

woohoo cos I dont like bongs

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the slow reply Ash.

I ended up deleting the contents of my directory (except the custom POI directories), using your utility to make a new set of sound files and using your icons.

I'll make myself some new sound files as I like them short and to the point (Gatso, fifty, east) when I get a chance.
greygoose
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: 32 limit poi/bmp in poi loader using CM3 Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
Feek wrote:

Hmm. I've never seen (or heard of) that one.

From your file listing, I notice that you've still got the "old" files left over from CM2.7 (or did you grab the directory listing after reverting to 2.7?)

With CM3 you don't need the "PocketGPS_UK..." files as these have superceeded with "PocketGPS_SC...", as CM3 is not UK specific.

Ash, thanks for your prompt despatch of CM3 yesterday.
I have just had same experience as Feek on trying to load CM3 using Pocketgps-SC files getting multiple warnings regarding too many pois and too many symbols.
I assume I get one warning for each "transgression"over 32. As there are approx just over 100 .GPX files generated by CM3 (and another 100+ .bmp files in addition) this is a lot of warnings and well over the 32 limit. What am I doing wrong ? Or do you have a fix?

Settings on CM3 are: cameras split by speed, by type with approach and overspeed options ticked. Box requesting continued use of existing pgps speed icons also ticked.
Poi loader (version 2.52) is pointed at separate speedcam folder containing pgps database split by speed, by type, with associated voice warnings in mp3 format.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 32 limit poi/bmp in poi loader using CM3 Reply with quote

greygoose wrote:
Poi loader (version 2.52) is pointed at separate speedcam folder containing pgps database split by speed, by type, with associated voice warnings in mp3 format.

Does POI Loader point to the actual directory where the speed camera GPX files are, or are they in a subdirectory? The 32 sounds suspiciously like a nested directory limitation of POI Loader.

I also use POI Loader 2.5.2 (from memory), and without using POI subdirectories successfully load several hundred categories onto my (relatively old) Nuvi 250...
greygoose
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 32 limit poi/bmp in poi loader using CM3 Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
greygoose wrote:

Does POI Loader point to the actual directory where the speed camera GPX files are, or are they in a subdirectory? The 32 sounds suspiciously like a nested directory limitation of POI Loader.

I also use POI Loader 2.5.2 (from memory), and without using POI subdirectories successfully load several hundred categories onto my (relatively old) Nuvi 250...

I point POI loader directly to the the directory where I have copied the GPX files extracted from the zipped Pgpsw file downloaded by CM3. This may be part of the problem.

My folders are deeply nested as follows:
C:\Docs & settings\Administrator\My documents\Nuvi

In the Nuvi folder I have Pocketgps and Custom Pois as separate sub-folders.

I used to download the Pgpsw speedcam database into the Pocketgps folder, unzip it and copy the unzipped files into a SPEEDCAM subfolder in the Custom Pois folder, pointed POI loader at it and created the appropriate poi.gpi file This worked for years so I used this (cumbersome) procedure with the CM3 zipped file.

The difference now is that previously the unzipped database files "only" contained 30 separate types of poi the new set up involves 75.

My POI loader is pointed at C:\Docs & settings\Administrator\My documents\Nuvi\Custom Pois\Old_POIS\SPEEDCAMS to where I have transferred the GPX and BMP files. As soon as loader starts its magic I get the dreaded 32 file limitation message twice over, once for poi once for symbol (BMP).

The program the locks up and the only way I have found to unlock is to hit the OK button on the POi loader warning notice.....150 times presumably to acknowledge each transgression. Tiresome or what.

After all that the cameras are all (I think all but I have not counted!) loaded on the Nuvi along with some of the icons (some cameras just appear as grey dots instead of icons but your voice program works so I get the voice warnings.

So I think you are correct regarding the problem probably being a nested directory limitation of POI loader. I know I use a deeply nested structure but as this has worked in the past I assumed it would still work
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: 32 limit poi/bmp in poi loader using CM3 Reply with quote

greygoose wrote:
I point POI loader directly to the the directory where I have copied the GPX files extracted from the zipped Pgpsw file downloaded by CM3. This may be part of the problem.

I'm not sure why you are manually copying any files - CM does all that for you automatically.

Quote:

In that case, POI Loader should point to:

and CM should point to:
C:\Docs & settings\Administrator\My documents\Nuvi\PocketGPS

I believe that some combinations of Garmin units and POI Loader versions have problems with too many POI categories in subdirectories, so you *might* need to point CM to instead:

(Unfortunately this will make searching POIs on the device a bit more tedious, but there's little that I can do about it!)

Make sure that you clear out any extraneous files first.
greygoose
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: 32 limit poi/bmp in poi loader using CM3 Reply with quote

Quote:

In that case, POI Loader should point to:

and CM should point to:
C:\Docs & settings\Administrator\My documents\Nuvi\PocketGPS

I believe that some combinations of Garmin units and POI Loader versions have problems with too many POI categories in subdirectories, so you *might* need to point CM to instead:

(Unfortunately this will make searching POIs on the device a bit more tedious, but there's little that I can do about it!)

Make sure that you clear out any extraneous files first.[/quote]

Sorted! Thanks, Ash.
The main problem is you make things too "simples" (I am not used to that virtue)
The other is Garmin do not give their customers the ability to make the FULL use easily of their their otherwise fairly good hardware (but I suppose that keeps you entertained)
Thanks again for your (very prompt) help.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 32 limit poi/bmp in poi loader using CM3 Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:

I alluded to this in my post on 6 January 2010 above.

To avoid the subfolder limit, I found I had to point Camera Manager at the top level of the file. So then I simply put the "tourist" POIs in subfolders, so that they are separate from the cameras whilst searching the device.

Dales.
kweller
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many cameras around nowadays that the constant 'bonging' from the Zumo 550 is driving me nuts and I'm tending to tune it out and even turning the POIs off on occasion which rather defeats the purpose of them.

What I'd like to do is have one pair of 'bongs' as I'm approaching a camera. IIRC that's how it used to work before I rebuilt my PC but my memory may be faulty.

I currently have Camera Manager set up with 'over-speed warnings not checked. Approach is checked with the cameras set to 45 and 'red light' to 20. That is resulting in 2-4 bongs for every camera (I've no idea why 2 for some and 4 for others) so I wonder if I've set up CM incorrectly.

Is there some other setting I should be making?

I've just bought a Zumo 660 which I haven't used yet and I wonder whether it's going to do the same thing as the 550 Sad.

Thanks.

Kevin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 56 of 77

Jump to: