Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unlock Mio C710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlock Mio C710
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agarrahul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Can't see CE desktop Reply with quote

Hi,

Tried on m C310X but no luck so far.

I followed the instructions. I got the File Explorer to work and installed the unlock-c510mioskins.cab . Soft reset. However no CE Desktop. I always stay in the File explorer. Tried this multiple times. Still don't get a CE desktop. I can install stuff (e.g. Winampaq) from the File explorer, but now way to get to the CE desktop. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you need the desktop for?

Simply exit the File Explorer.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
eydaimon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
What do you need the desktop for?

Simply exit the File Explorer.

um... what's the point of that? Then we're back to where we started...

I had this issue too, I ran reset.exe from the Utils folder and that seemed to work. I have no idea what happens if I do any other type of reset though. Seems that cleans out the Desktop folders together with all the shortcuts.
agarrahul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Thanks eydaimon! Reply with quote

I must have tried it atleast 15 times, dint work. Used reset.exe like you said and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!!
agarrahul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Weird behavior Reply with quote

I got the Win CE desktop. Got ActiveSync working. Installed the Navigator etc ... got everything working. And boom ... some time later when I wasn't paying attention, the MIO reverted to the original software. Anybody seen this and any idea why this is happening?
eydaimon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Weird behavior Reply with quote

agarrahul wrote:
I got the Win CE desktop. Got ActiveSync working. Installed the Navigator etc ... got everything working. And boom ... some time later when I wasn't paying attention, the MIO reverted to the original software. Anybody seen this and any idea why this is happening?

it did the reset again probably. It seems to clean everything out with a clean install if you do the other reset. Probably for protecting the unit from malfunctinoing completly, or it's all the Read Only memory which doesn't get wiped unless you flash it with firmware. Everything else can be overwritten, that's all I can guess.

Seems to me the transfer hack is the easiest way to get things set up though.

Maybe there's a different way of doing the software reset I'm not aware of too?
mghtyred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest. Not looking to go too crazy with this thing. Just got it today... very excited.

Unfortunately it seems that gig of rom is pretty much used up by the existing software and files.

I don't want to set up video ping pong, or debbie does dallas on this or anything, but I would like to be able to put more than 36 MEGS worth of music on it.

Trying to figure out which files would be safe to delete. Right off the bat, there are the foreign language files. This seems like a no-brainer.

Has anyone done this? Does the system crash if you do this? If I can safely remove all the foreign language files, it will open up a lot of space.

Also, if for some reason (resale, product malfunction) i choose to restore the device to factory default, is it possible with the DVD it came with, or a soft/hard boot? Or will I need to back up this data if I am to ever put it back on there?

(Evenually I'll move on to the video ping pong, and the debbie does dallas, but for now, answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated!)
lookuphere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, i was fiddling with settings and set the 'start menu' button on the desktop to 'autohide' and i cannot retrieve it anymore! how can i change the settings back to where i can access the start menu ? Sad i tried clicking around the screen but it doesnt come back up Rolling Eyes
dpmguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Post Subject Reply with quote

mghtyred wrote:
I'll be honest. Not looking to go too crazy with this thing. Just got it today... very excited.

Unfortunately it seems that gig of rom is pretty much used up by the existing software and files.

I don't want to set up video ping pong, or debbie does dallas on this or anything, but I would like to be able to put more than 36 MEGS worth of music on it.

Trying to figure out which files would be safe to delete. Right off the bat, there are the foreign language files. This seems like a no-brainer.

Has anyone done this? Does the system crash if you do this? If I can safely remove all the foreign language files, it will open up a lot of space.

Also, if for some reason (resale, product malfunction) i choose to restore the device to factory default, is it possible with the DVD it came with, or a soft/hard boot? Or will I need to back up this data if I am to ever put it back on there?

(Evenually I'll move on to the video ping pong, and the debbie does dallas, but for now, answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated!)

I have got the C510 but i sumise that the 710 works in the same way. I have added a 2GB memory card which allows plently of space for music. Deleted one of the foreign langauge files by accident when adding the female voice before and the mio map software would not start up. I would be really interested as well if anyone knows how to remove these unwanded files.

Also the device can be restored using the supplied DVD. I would suggest making a back up of any files that you have updated/tweaked.

DPM
-------------------------------
Mio C510E - 1st purchase very impressed.
Now running V3.2
njj08
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: HELP!!! Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem as the guy above, i accidently clicked the auto-hide startbar and i cant get it back, can anyone help me please, it would be greatly appreciated. Or just get me back to taskbar options so i can change it back.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dpmguy

Quote:
Deleted one of the foreign langauge files by accident when adding the female voice before and the mio map software would not start up. I would be really interested as well if anyone knows how to remove these unwanded files.

I deleted the unwanted foreign voice files and have no problem. I just have UK male and female in it now.
I know this does not help much, other than to show that it can be done. I used the hacked transfer prog.

Trev
gtd2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attempted the hack last night and managed to get the desktop, however, at some point the display rotated by 90 degrees and the system locked up Rolling Eyes

After several attempts at rectifing this transferring back all of the original files I got an error message that I required at least 6MB of RAM to use Mio Map... hmmm.

I was just about to call tech support when i did a hard reset and allw as well again in Mio GPS land :D

So, into the breach once more chaps!
gtd2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I choose to reinstall the maps I get the following error message:

A navigation device has not been detected. Please connect your PNA to your PC and restart setup.

I'm confused because Mio Transfer Hack works perfectly?
gtd2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found that the reason the transfer would not work was due to running Mio Transfer in the background at the same time.

Now I have a freshly hacked C310x and no maps....

I've tried loading the maps again (without Mio Transfer running) but for whatever reason they won't load.

Thats from the HD backup copy & the DVD Sad

Any ideas?
Morkin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a hard reset and then the re-install option of your dvd.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: