Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unlock Mio C710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlock Mio C710
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rronaldson wrote:
Anyone know how to stop A/S showing an error message? I know that you can still use Explorer to access the Mio but it's just untidy having the error pop up everytime you connect.

Found this program Active Tweak at http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=1260 . You can switch to permanent Guest Partnership which prevents the error message appearing but it probably takes more effort than canceling the error message if you also require normal sync with your PDA. However some may find the other facilities useful.
birger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just successfully unlocked my Mio C710.

However, when i run MioMap from Windows CE I have an annoying problem. When I tap somewhere near the bottom of the screen, Windows Start-menu pops up. Pressing the menu button on the down ledt corner of MioMap just opens the Windows Start menu. How do I stop that from happening?
birger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I figured it out... deselect "allways on top" in the Start menu settings... Embarassed
rronaldson
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to do a hard reset on my 510 so I'm locked back into the original shell. Can someone remind me how to get back into WinCE? Soft reset doesn't do it Sad
PostDeals
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: English version of the hack Reply with quote

I just bought a MIO DigiWalker C310x and I am told these instructions work for it but I don't speak french and I want to ensure I understand every word written before I start messing with it.

Anyone have instructions in english if so please email me @ postdeals@hotmail.com or leave me a private message.

Thanks.
PostDeals
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: cab file Reply with quote

torontoguy wrote:
get the cab file and view the site in english

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://cjaco.free.fr/GPS/zip/telechargement.php3%23util&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLe%2Bd%25C3%25A9bridage%2Bdes%2BMio%2B268(%252B)/269(%252B)%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2006-02,GGLG:en

Link does not work please pm or email me the english version, I am looking for it for days now.

Email: postdeals@hotmail.com

Thanks.
jdawg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Unlock Mio C710 Reply with quote

@ PostDeals

ianj wrote:

I found in a french forum on gpspassion.com a link to the following page with an "unlock-c510-mioskins.zip"
http://miojaco.mioskins.net/zip/telechargement.php3#debridage

From Ian's first post in this thread, you can get a good link for the .zip file. The .zip contains a .pdf (called deverouillage_c510.pdf) with very nice instructions on how to perform the unlocking procedure. It is in french, but since I'm such a nice guy and am a little bored right now I used Google to translate it (had to type in each line since the pdf was protected from copying text). I also just bought a c310x and will need this to help me unlock mine too, so I guess I'm not completely selfless in this :-)

Use the .pdf and the following instructions in English (numbers match up with the french pdf). I must warn that I haven't yet followed these instructions myself (and won't be able to for a few weeks). Don't forget to delete the french file that is metioned elsewhere in this forum.

1. Create a directory on your PC (for example: c510):
2. Copy the entire contents of the DVD Mio Map V3 for Mio 510CE to the directory created in step 1
3. After copying the DVD to your folder, you should have the following directory structure on your PC
4. Navigate to the following location: c:\c510\install\Miomap
a. Rename the file Miomap.exe to Miomapok.exe
b. Copy the file Unlock-C510-Mioskins.zip into the directory (c:\c510\install\Miomap) and unzip it (in the same directory)
c. Then delete the file Unlock-C510-Mioskins.zip
5. Navigate to c:\c510 and run setup.exe
a. Choose “English"
b. Choose “Reinstall Mio Map V3”
c. Wait for the installation to complete
6. To make sure that the installation was successful, on the Mio device, click on the GPS icon (Mio Map)
a. You get the following screen
b. Navigate to \My Flash Disk\Miomap\Miomap
c. You should see the following files in this directory
d. Double-click Miotool.exe to activate it
i. Miotool.exe is correctly activated when you see the icon at the top-left of the screen
e. Double-click on the file Unlock-C510-Mioskins.cab
f. When it is necessary to validate that the cab file was installed correctly, click on the icon ab at the top-left of the screen
i. A keyboard will appear
ii. Then click in the window above
iii. Finish by clicking on the ENTER key on the keyboard
g. Once the file is installed, perform a Soft Reset
7. After the soft reset, you have the following (or almost), click on the Explorer icon
a. Navigate to \My Flash Disk\Miomap\Miomap
i. Delete the file Miomap.exe
ii. Rename the file Miomapok.exe to Miomap.exe
b. Perform another Soft Reset and you are done

It is possible to remove icons from the desktop that you are not interested in by navigating to \windows\desktop and deleting the corresponding .lnk files. These different icons can also be found in the files Programs, Favorites and Documents in the start menu.

After unlocking, you have access to many different functions. Some of which are:
• Activesync 3.8
• Mio Transfer
• Bluetooth
• Software to Stop the device (icon)
• Software to perform as soft reset (icon)
• Registry editor
• And two others that I couldn’t translate ;-)
PostDeals
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir I got it working just last night but I appreciate your assistance.
haha2005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you guys, I was able to hack my Mio C310X and I had to reload the maps. However, the maps on the DVD are not the current version. Does any one have the current version map which are preloaded on Mio Gps?

Thank you.
raveen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: PIM especially to sync calendar with Outlook on 310x Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you, I have now 310x device with other applications. I like to get a calendar that can sync with my Outlook on my desktop. Any ideas? If there are commercial version I am willing to pay.
smythe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: PIM especially to sync calendar with Outlook on 310x Reply with quote

raveen wrote:
Thanks to all of you, I have now 310x device with other applications. I like to get a calendar that can sync with my Outlook on my desktop. Any ideas? If there are commercial version I am willing to pay.

This program looks like it might help you sync with your outlook contacts, but am not sure about a calendar.
ssyoumans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Can't load maps Reply with quote

I have followed the instructions and have unlocked my C310x (1mb version). I have successfully installed Winamp and TCPMP - they work pretty good. Although, I have to soft reset my Mio in order to see the new files on the SD card everytime I place new files on it. Reload directory doesn't do it. Anyhow, just a quirk, if anyone knows how to fix, let me know.

My main problem is that I can't reload my maps. When I select transmit Maps, it comes up with "This map is not included in the delivery. If you wish to buy this map, please visit our online shop at www.mio-tech.com".

So, now I have a nice mp3 player and video player, but not a gps. Any help would be appreciated before I perform a hard reset and loose everything.

Thanks!
ssyoumans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Must transfer maps from DVD Reply with quote

Ok, found the fix to one of my problems. When you transfer the miomaps back onto your mio, you must run setup from the DVD, not from your hard drive. Smile If I run from hard drive, that's when I get the complaint above.
elimalka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Unlock Mio C710 Reply with quote

Hi!

I see the abc icon in top left,
But when I press it, nothing happen,
The keyboard is not open...

What can be the problem?

Thanks,
Eli.

ianj wrote:
Hi,

Got my new Mio C710 last week and have been playing with it. Loving the navigation, way better than my old Navman SmartST with iPAQ jacket!

Anyway, I'm always curious about how these things work and was triggered by trying to explore the memory to add the new voice on pdamill.com. Underneath the MIO screens is a full Windows CE device, it just needs unlocking (at your own risk of course) ;-)

I found in a french forum on gpspassion.com a link to the following page with an "unlock-c510-mioskins.zip"
http://miojaco.mioskins.net/zip/telechargement.php3#debridage

If you cannot explore the \flashdrive over a bluetooth connection then you must then do the following:

Instructions are included in the zip file (in French) which you should follow - read them through several times until you are happy (but essentially you are asked to make a copy of the MIOMAPV3 cd on to your hard drive and rename miomap.exe in the installs folder. Then add the "miomap.exe" and other files from the downloaded zip).

Run setup from your new folder and choose to restore your miomapv3.1 software. This will upload the new miomap.exe.

If you can explore the flashdrive with bluetooth then simply rename the miomap.exe on the C710 and upload the files from the zip.

Once restored, perform a soft reset and select miomap from the front screen as normal - hey presto, you have a file explorer!
navigate to \flashdrive\MIOMAP\\Miomap\ and double click on MIOTOOL.exe, this starts a keyboard app. Then double click the unlock-c510mioskins.cab. This requires an "enter" key press to install so once the install dialog is open, click on the little abc icon top left to expand the keyboard and press enter.

Perform another soft reset and you get a desktop and file explorer.
You now need to go to \flashdrive\utils\total commander\ and delete the french language file, then go to \flashdrive\miomap\miomap and delete the fake miomap.exe and rename the original back to miomap.exe.

You can now start miomap from the desktop (although I also had to retransmit my maps). You can also use activesync (download from MS) to explore and transfer files easily to the whole unit, not just the flash drive.

I have installed a new mp3 player from www.winamPAQ.com (choose the NEXIO160 version) which is way better, minimises and plays in the background, and still mutes for phone calls!

All I need now is a better PIM!

If you are happy as it is then please leave it alone, but that MP3 player was really annoying me as the advertised "minimise" button was non-existent. In theory I can watch DivX films on it now, play games, plus not get lost anywhere in Europe of course!

I hope this is of use to someone, let me know how you get on!

Ian
eydaimon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simebaby wrote:
Can anyone help me with this? I've followed all the steps to the letter (doing this via BT), but when I've installed the .cab file and performed a soft reset, I just get the Mio home screen again - no windows desktop etc.

This is on a 510 btw.

I have this exact problem but on a c310x and have not been able to resolve it. I install the cab file just fine (selecting "Yes to all") but when I soft-reset, I still do not have a desktop.

I can install all other programs, but it would be nice to start from the desktop as opposed to TC.

Any ideas?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: