Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Version 6.xxx for TomTom 3/5/700 series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 6.xxx for TomTom 3/5/700 series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin998877
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: 6.12 installed ok via Home on a Go 300 Reply with quote

Not helpful to those having problems, but after seeing the earlier posts, I downloaded Home, and upgraded my year-old Go 300 from 5.44 or whatever it was, to version 6.12 without any problems. This was at about 3pm today, monday. The first time I switched it on, there were the tomtom bongs, then a pause of about 1 minute, during which I worried, then it came to life and is working ok.

Lots of new features, quite good. Just remember to back up first, and not a lot can go worng!

Martin
Cerocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my ttg 500 earlier today and have to say the update was flawless, my Samsung D600 now connects for hands free calling and the navigate to Lat/Long is perfect for my hobby of hill wallking (no, I don't drive to the top of the hills but the start point of most walks is nearly always a car park in the middle of the back of beyond!)
One gripe, however, my Pocket GPS camera warning voices no longer work - if I replace the data.chk in the ttg root with the camera voices data.chk (Liz) my ttg won't boot, so I'm back to the ridiculous boings, bells, beeps and animal noises!
I didn't like the page menu layout so I put my own tomtom.mnu in the SdkRegistry.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerocker wrote:
One gripe, however, my Pocket GPS camera warning voices no longer work - if I replace the data.chk in the ttg root with the camera voices data.chk (Liz) my ttg won't boot, so I'm back to the ridiculous boings, bells, beeps and animal noises!
There is a spoken alert file available for your updated device from HERE OK so its not the Liz voice, but it still beats the bells/ bongs etc. Give it a try, as always with a data.chk file make sure of your version before installing it - Mike
michaelcrane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Home, and upgraded my year-old Go 300 from 5.44 or whatever it was, to version 6.12 without any problems.
Quote:

I have the TT300 and 5.44 . . . . . but I can't find anything on the TT site or via home regarding 6.12.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it true that TT have taken it off?
michaelcrane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my above post is the wrong way around!

I am saying: I have the TT300 and 5.44 . . . . . but I can't find anything on the TT site or via home regarding 6.12.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it true that TT have taken it off?

Michael
BanziBarn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can someone just confirm that this update will work with my Go classic? The TomTom site seems to say it will, has anyone successfully managed to update their classic?

RE: backups, please can I just confirm something - I manually backup my SD card in case it ever goes wrong. Is this different to backing up the actual GO, i.e is the software version on the SD card or on a ROM on the GO?

If it’s on the ROM will this TomTom home Application do backups?

Thanks Smile
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is on tomtom site at the moment, I've downloaded & installed 'HOME', connected my Go 500 with V5.440, checked for updates but got message no updates available.

Quote:
Question
What's new in the TomTom application version 6 for users of TomTom GO, TomTom GO 300/500/700, TomTom ONE or TomTom RIDER?
Answer

We recommend that you update the application on your TomTom to TomTom application version 6 if you have a TomTom GO, TomTom GO 300/500/700, TomTom ONE or TomTom RIDER.

To update the application on your device, do the following:

1. Install TomTom HOME on your computer, if it isn't already installed. You can download the latest version of TomTom HOME here: www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

2. Connect your device to your computer and switch it on.

3. TomTom HOME will automatically open and check for updates. If it does not automatically check, click Update now

4. Make sure that you select to download the TomTom application.

TomTom HOME will download and install version 6 of the TomTom application for your device.

The latest version of the TomTom application is full of new features and improvements. Here are just a few of them.

TomTom Buddies

This great FREE service from TomTom combines instant messaging and navigation. Using TomTom Buddies, you can communicate with and navigate to your buddies directly on your TomTom device, as well as send them interesting locations you have found.

To use TomTom Buddies, you must have a mobile phone with Bluetooth and a subscription to a wireless data connection, such as GPRS. Buddies is not available on TomTom GO.

For more information, see www.tomtom.com/plus
michaelcrane
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spark1e, the same goes for me!

If there is a 5.44 to 6.12 update, I'm if I can find it - and I am using Home, too Crying or Very sad
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked tomtom support about not being able to upgrade
My question :-
Quote:
As per the instructiuons posted here - http://www.tomtom.com/support/product.php?ID=180&Language=1&FID=5327 I have downloaded & installed 'Home' , then checked for UPDATES, but get the message No Updates Available - so how can I update to version 6 as recommended on your site ?

Support's reply ;-
Quote:
Thank you for your message to TomTom Customer Support.

TomTom HOME is only for the new models 510, 710 and 910 at the moment.
(currently only supported for Windows and only for GO 910, 710 and 510)

To download and install the latest software update for your Tom Tom GO500, please follow the steps below.

Note: Before installation, make sure all TomTom CD's have been removed from your computer

1. Download and open the latest update for your device.

TomTom GO: http://www.tomtom.com/1750

2. In the menu, select [Install the application].

3. Once the message [Installation complete] is displayed, you can exit the programme.

We hope to have answered your question
Should you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know.

Kind regards,

TomTom Customer Support Team
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so some seem to have this working fine.... I may give it a go.

Can anyone confirm if Rays POIExtend software works with it? I really don't want to lose my spoken camera warnings, but I also want to have some of the beeps for notifying me of other POI's.

Thanks all.

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see TomTom support is as clued up as ever! Unbelievable....
CRJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading through the posts it does seem a bit hit or miss as to whether it is possible to update an older TT to the lastest version (v6.120). I've manged to update my TT300 to v6.120 and still be able to use the speed camera voices instead of the bells & whistles etc. It appears to work fine, with and without 'Home', however it still wont make toast!
crj
BanziBarn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a tad confused.

I went to the support page using firefox to download Home but it wasn't there. Number 2 in the list was "How can I update my TomTom Maps?". I thought this was weird because it was there when I was at work.

I then went to the same page using internet explorer and the second item in the list was about version 6 and TomTom home so I downloaded it. Now though, it's not there when using internet explorer either.

Have they pulled this update or something?

Confused
CRJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I downloaded the file from

(link removed by lbendlin)
Dr_Pepper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanziBarn wrote:

Have they pulled this update or something?

Confused

update was pulled yesterday and seems that they have removed that notice also from webpage now.. very nice.... thats the way how to keep customers
happy Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: