Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using a TomTom Go in the USA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a TomTom Go in the USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spawn_e_git
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Using a TomTom Go in the USA Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm travelling to the USA next week and I am intending to buy the maps from the TomTom website.

Do I need to do anything to the unit except install the maps to make it work in the US? For example, the sat settings etc will be the same?

Also, I do not use my TT that much but when I do use it, it takes about 8-10 minutes to find a sat signal, is this normal?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maps are all you need.

When you step out of the plane, allow some more time for an initial fix. Subsequent fixes will be quicker.

The same is true if you don't use the device for a while. That behavior is normal.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
The maps are all you need.

When you step out of the plane, allow some more time for an initial fix. Subsequent fixes will be quicker.

The same is true if you don't use the device for a while. That behavior is normal.

IT might be better if he goes for the 'factory settings' (or whatever its called) option that way he can tellit he is in the US so fix should be a lot quicker. Otherwise he could be lost on US192 and deep intp the everglades before he gets his fix!
tgold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Using a TomTom Go in the USA Reply with quote

spawn_e_git wrote:
Hello.

I'm travelling to the USA next week and I am intending to buy the maps from the TomTom website.

Do I need to do anything to the unit except install the maps to make it work in the US? For example, the sat settings etc will be the same?

Also, I do not use my TT that much but when I do use it, it takes about 8-10 minutes to find a sat signal, is this normal?

Everything is the same except the clock time offset if you use the displayed time and ETA. One more suggestion is to select an American voice, as that may help to remind you to drive on the right.

Have a great trip.

Tony (with his TomTom GO now in Key West FL)
spawn_e_git
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: