Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 £50 Discount at PCWorld Even on units already purchased!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 £50 Discount at PCWorld Even on units already purchased!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course if the store does make you spend £25

Pay full price for your GPS, Get the Mag Free

Walk over to Customer Services with your Voucher and Receipt and they will refund you the 10% Discount (That works as well!)
MKLightning
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpeedCam wrote:
Went into Dixon's, plent of stock, price £499, asked the salesman to price match the PCWorld offer of 10% off, no questions asked, no phone call to check.

Laughing One happy 910 owner, cost £449

I am new to all this. Never owned a SatNav before but have received lots of help from this board - so thank you.

I went to Dixons yesterday and saw they had the 910 and 510 in stock. The sales assistant asked if I needed help, and I said I wanted a 910, and then asked if they were honouring the same deal that PC World was doing. He knew all about it, but said he would have to check with the store manager. The store manager would not honour it saying it was a PC World deal, even though they were the same company and besides it required the voucher. The sales assistant told him that another manager had done honoured it the previous day, but he still wouldn't budge, so I said I was off to PC World.

I checked PCW's stock online and it said "none available" for my local store. I went there anywhere to at least get the darn voucher which, as others have said, is in the £2 magazine that is behind the registers, and not in the bank holiday flyer. I went to the Sat Nav display and there was no mention of any of the new Tom Toms, so I asked a sales person about them. He had never heard of them, but would look it up on their inventory. Sure enough, they had two, one of which was on reserve. I told him I wanted one and he went to find it. I then mentioned the 10% off deal, which he also didn't know about. I showed him the voucher in the magazine and all was done.

So, with a bit of work I am now the proud ownder of a 910. I just have to figure out how to use it! With the advice of this board, I have made sure to do a complete back-up - twice on two different hard drives, once using the Tom Tom routine, which initially failed (not able to access some dat file), and once using explorer, including the hidden folders.
mrstella
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had no problems in canterbury just walked in and picked up the mag and walked back out again, went to medway and collected my 910 to save driving back down to canterbury to get it. Was only yesterday that i noticed the £2 thing was waiting for my mug shot to be on next months crimewatch Smile
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All.

Many thanks to Flashyphotos.
Picked up my 910 Friday morning without voucher. Went back with voucher and receipt this morning (Monday), and they gave me the 10% back. Well chuffed. :D
So a big thumbs up to Flashyphotos. Thumbs Up
Also, well impressed with the functionality of the unit but hate the docking mount with a passion, but that's another story.
Bring it on Brodit.

CeeJay.
rajg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: 10% of GPS spend <£300? Reply with quote

Hi, Does the voucher give a 10% discount if spending more than £300 on ANY TomTom product? Bought a TT One from Dixons for £229 (plus a £15 Currys Digital voucher valid from 1 June for 2/3 months) around 5 days back.

If the voucher's valid on a TomTom 510 thereby making the price (£349-50)=£299, I may as well return the One and go for the 510. Makes sense for me as I don't have a carkit yet.

What say?
rajg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Correction in 510 price Reply with quote

Sorry: If the voucher's valid on the 510 as well, then the price would drop to £349-35)=£315.

Thanks,
Ugly-Kid-Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends wether the mad voucher states wether or not you can use other vouchers with this offer. Normally with an offer such as this you could only use the 10% off.
Ugly-Kid-Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you could edit these posts. Mad vouchers is surposed to be Mag (Magazine) voucher
kadhim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly-Kid-Joe wrote:
I wish you could edit these posts. Mad vouchers is surposed to be Mag (Magazine) voucher

dont worry no body noticed.. it all made sence to me anyway Embarassed
sponge0bob2003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried today in the Bangor (N Wales) store but they did not have any there and they have never seen them.

I tried the manager there to see if he would sell me a TT910 for £449.99 but he would not budge!! saying he needed the voucher to claim the money back.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare????? it would be much appreciated :D

Thanks.
brendanc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC World in Stirling saying not all stores were supplied with the magazine including theirs-if anyone has a voucher I would be grateful as I am just about to my first satnav-TomTom510

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: