Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 £50 Discount at PCWorld Even on units already purchased!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 £50 Discount at PCWorld Even on units already purchased!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: 910 £50 Discount at PCWorld Even on units already purchased! Reply with quote

I purchased my 910 from PCWorld Yesterday for £499

It was only when I got home I realised there was a 10% Off GPS Voucher in the In Store Magazine,

So I went back in with my Receipt this morning, and asked nicely if I could have the 10% Discount, they refunded £50 to my Debit card without any problem

SO if you have already purchased, and did not use the voucher ask your PCWorld for the discount

If you buying one today, dont forget to get the voucher from the magazines in store

Price with Voucher £449.99 Making it about the best price out there at the moment
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford and selly oak showing some in store on the website colect@store
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went into Dixon's, plent of stock, price £499, asked the salesman to price match the PCWorld offer of 10% off, no questions asked, no phone call to check.

Laughing One happy 910 owner, cost £449
Austin_Yeahbaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea which leaflet this discount is in as I can't find it
and no one in store has a clue.

Thanks.

Gary
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to flashy i just got my new 910 and the discount. The 10% voucher is inside the PC world Magazine spring/summer edition, which is usually on a cardboard showcase near the checkouts.
Austin_Yeahbaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a unit from Stockport Manchester and thought I would pick up a leaflet as mentioned locally and claim the discount.

Local manager said this edition was only being sent to selected stores and hence could not apply the discount as I don't have the voucher.

Currently on phone to PC world customer servives... :x
Austin_Yeahbaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know of any stores in the North West stocking this magazine ?

Thanks,
Austin_Yeahbaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 3 phone calls and 1/2 hour on the phone it appear that the PC World Magazine is not being supplied to Region 1 stores which include Warrington/Stockport/Manchester etc and hence you can't get the discount in the Northwest.

Can anyone confirm which stores have this magazine otherwise I'm taking this unit back.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want I will mail you the Voucher

Won't go out till Tuesday because of the bank Holiday, but if it helps let me know and we can arrange it for you

Cheers

Richard
Austin_Yeahbaby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

I would appreciate that. PC World are being a pain in the Arse.

I'll PM you my details

Gary
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem at all,

I will get a few magazines from my local store tomorrow in case anyone else is in the same situation,

Strange that they are not shipping the Mag in your Region its really a company wide thing

Will await your PM

Cheers

Richard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure on that, but the store "Flashy Photos" mentioned certainly has them :D and the 50 quid saves more than the Cost of the fuel, use the pcworld web site to firstly check stock levels and then reserve a unit.
The drive home lets you check out the new toy.
If it won't acquire a lock on switch the map back to Western Europe (as Graham and I have found out they default to elsewhere on the planet). If it still refuses to acquire a signal (mine did this) prod the reset button, NOT THE HOLE ON THE FRONT OF THE UNIT AS THIS IS THE MICROPHONE _ CHECK THE BOOK AS THE RESET SWITCH IS NEAR THE DOCKING CONNECTOR) - no I didn't reck the microphone as I used the correct place, but I could see this happening very easily - hence the mention.

Very impressed with new map, known issues (that I hate) appear to be resolved, the pre-loaded speed camera POI is IMHO rubish, and will be replaced with a better one tonight (I wonder which one I will rely on come Saturday?).
To justify the above I was running "our" database on one device and the "supplied " one on the 910 - in a trip of 100 miles the pocketgps data was spot on, the 910 failed to report at least 10 known GATSO units, and shows redlights as speed cameras, I could rectify this but it will be easier to load decent data for the unit to react to -
The nav voice with spoken streets/ place names is superb, what an improvement - 10 out of 10 for that one, it just brings the unit to "life" - Mike
seaco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
If anyone else wants a voucher for PcWorld just pm me as i have a mag here with a voucher in it and i can send it your way .....

I won't be buying a Tom Tom 910 as i cannot afford it but i am just about to splash out £229 on a TomTom one unit and hope that its not too far behind the 510, 710, 910 series.

Hi if you could stretch to £300 then you could get a 510 with the voucher...just a thought
duckie008
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The In-store magazine at PC World is NOT free. It is only free if you spend more than £25 in store. The cost of the magazine is £2 to buy. You can use the 10% discount voucher inside if you purchase any Sat Nav more than £299, valid till 30/06/06. Still, if you can't take the magazine out of the store for free, then its worth buying it for £2 to get the discount off the 510, 710 or 910. I have noticed they only stock the 510 and the 910 at the moment, not the 710.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends On the Store

Mansfield has the Mags on a Pallet by the door with a hand written sign "Free Please Take One - No Purchase Needed"

They have about 3000 on the Pallet, Maybe why they are dsesperate to get rid of them there!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: