Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting a TT ONE off its mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting a TT ONE off its mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Getting a TT ONE off its mount Reply with quote

This may sound stupid, but.....

Can anyone tell me an effective way to get the TT ONE off its mount without practically crushing the unit in my other hand?!!

I'm sure there must be a secret little lever somewhere that releases it..... Wink

Are you literally meant to just slide it off? After a good few weeks of use it still hasn't 'worn in' or become any easier. It takes me ages wiggling it about, pressing it, sliding it, pulling it etc. just to get the damn thing off, and I have to do this every time I use it! It's getting on my nerves!
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
Just pull the mount from the window with the tomtom attached to it, then slide it off!

Yeah, that's what I do! With the TT ONE and the mount in my hands, it's still practically impossible to slide it off. The TT ONE creaks and groans under the strain as I'm trying to slide it off - I swear I'm going to break the thing soon trying to slide that damn mount off!
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine just slides on and off, your not putting it on upside down are you, is that possible?
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanda wrote:
Mine just slides on and off, your not putting it on upside down are you, is that possible?

No, I think I'm putting it on right. I think it can only go on one way round. You slide it on, and it sort of 'clicks' into place with the last bit of movement. Seems fine when you're putting it on. But then it's SO stiff to slide it off again.

Fair enough, if it's just meant to slide off again, and there's no release mechanism or anything like that, then I'm obviously doing it right! Maybe it'll get looser over time. I'll just have to be careful I don't crush the thing in the meantime!

Cheers.
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it can be tricky but i find if i hold the unit with my right hand and with my left PUSH the unit upwards from its underside it comes off easily. also no need to push it too hard downwards when attaching it, it won't jump off and then removal is vitually a one handed job.
i should add that i mount mine in the lower right corner of windscreen so it is easy to get to without over reaching.
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use one hand. Thumb goes under One, fingers curl over the top onto top of mount, then squeeze. Just make sure you aren't touching the top of the One. ( Probably difficult with small hands.)

It also helps to smear a little silicone polish on the mount, in and around the groove. Use silicon based dash cleaner, or those instant shoe cleaning pads.
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I think the key may be not to click it into place fully. As has already been said, it's not exactly going to come off, and it should make it a lot easier to slide it off again.

At least my mount stays on my windscreen. Judging by what others have said on this forum, that can be a challenge in itself!

Cheers.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: