Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Low bridges
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Low bridges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dame666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Low bridges Reply with quote

Hi
IM back again can anyone tell me if there is a poi or warner download for low bridges for the garmin street pilot i3
THANK YOU
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go to the garmin site there a poi loader
http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00434-00
down load poi warner then use the csv files from willow house link below
http://www.willow-house.co.uk/

the i3 has a built in poi warner as far as i know thats the only one you can use

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Low bridges Reply with quote

dame666 wrote:
Hi
IM back again can anyone tell me if there is a poi or warner download for low bridges for the garmin street pilot i3. THANK YOU

Have a look down this post HERE

Do read to the bottom of the posts to see how to convert them.
dame666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: bit thick dont understand Reply with quote

Hi peps
Dont understand quite i was assuming i just download a file (cant find it )and change the name to csv as one of the posts that you put a link to sez but im also finding a pio converter page could anyone direct me to the file i need to download and change the file name once i unzip it or do i need a pio converter as well.Hope im not confusing everyone as much as i am myself
TA
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alix gave you the link to the files, the first link is for the program that loads the poi files on to the i3. (PoiLoader - download this to your main PC - install PoiLoader - then once you have the poi(s) unzipped, start PoiLoader, browse to the poi(s) then it will load them to your i3).

The second link goes to Robin's web site, you need to download the files for the Navman on his web site, they will work fine without any need to alter them.

The files from my site do need the file format extension changing as the post, but if you use Robin's files you don't need the ones from my web site.

Summary:

Download and install PoiLoader

Download the poi files from Robin's web site - unzip

Connect i3 to pc via usb lead - PoiLoader will start

Browse to the poi files - then install them.
dame666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: will i loose speed camera poi Reply with quote

Hi
Sorry but will i loose my speed camera poi when loading robins bridge poi or do i have to load the bridge poi into the speed camera poi if so could you briefly tell me how sorry to be such a pain
THANKS
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use PoiLoader it deletes ALL previous poi's, so you would need to put all the poi's you want into the same folder when loading to the i3.

So yes as you say, add Robin's poi's to the safety cameras.

I think that when you select the poi(s) files from Robin's web site you really only need to use one of them, say you select the 13'0 one, you will then get a warning for any bridge that is lower than 13'0.

So if your vehicle is say 12'0 high, then the 13'0 one would be OK as you don't require warnings for bridges above that height.
dame666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Sorted Reply with quote

Hi
Thank you very much for your help.
Do we have to start paying for downloads of future poi and do you know the date this is starting
THANK YOU AGAIN Laughing
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The safety camera data base will be charged for, but i'm not privy to the start date of the charges.

I was not happy when it was decided to charge for the data, but over the last few years it saved me from several cameras on my journeys, so i can't complain.

With well over 7 thousand camera locations it's one of the best.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: