Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i5 easier entry into favorites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i5 easier entry into favorites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mors1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: i5 easier entry into favorites Reply with quote

I just got my i5 and am loving it. I am taking a trip soon and was entering an address from the "Where To?" menu and saving it as a favorite. I then noticed I could select "Find Nearby" and choose Food, Hotel, etc. and it would show the actual POI I was wanting to visit so then I would choose that as a favorite (saves time on entering a name and it has the phone number of the place). My question is this... once I save the location as a favorite, it doesn't give me an option to go back to the main menu and enter another "Where To?" address. It just shows view map, start navigating, find nearby etc. I tried pressing the "Go Back" button and it just goes back a step. What's the easiest way to just go back and enter another address? Am I just missing something? thanks
ride4smilesjonny
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
you sure you can add another?

maybe you can only add the one 8O
hi ho hi ho.....
www.ride4smiles.co.uk

£3500 raised in two weeks! :-)
mors1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ride4smilesjonny wrote:
hi,
you sure you can add another?

maybe you can only add the one 8O

yes, all i'm doing is entering addresses and saving them as favorites
ride4smilesjonny
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not fully certain of your intentions, after selecting a nearby point on your route you save it as a fave? rite? then do you want to add another? lets say, a fuel station now, after you first found an ATM machine, well simply press back and find nearby again - but if you want to go to a postcode as opposed to a find nearby then you will need to add this as a via point when you first set the route in, you can only have one at a time per route UNTIL you pass that via point (mid route), then you can add another new one to replace the one you have just 'spent' - hope this makes sense?
hi ho hi ho.....
www.ride4smiles.co.uk

ride4smilesjonny
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way this is for an i3 which im certain is similar to i5 (from what ive read on the forum)
hi ho hi ho.....
www.ride4smiles.co.uk

mors1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you're right, I could go back and find nearby again I suppose, but I'd have to press go back several times (due to spelling the name of what i'm looking for). Plus if my next POI to save as a favorite is 70 miles away, i just assume it might be better to enter a new address to get closer. Maybe I'm wrong, I just figured there'd be an easier way to enter a new address from that point. Thanks for your help
nivek911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: i5 easier entry into favorites Reply with quote

mors1 wrote:
My question is this... once I save the location as a favorite, it doesn't give me an option to go back to the main menu and enter another "Where To?" address. It just shows view map, start navigating, find nearby etc. I tried pressing the "Go Back" button and it just goes back a step. What's the easiest way to just go back and enter another address? Am I just missing something? thanks

I think the answer to this question is to hold in the BACK button longer, instead of just pressing it in. I tried it tonight and it took me back to the menu instead of just back one step.

Post back to let me know if that worked for you.
mors1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: i5 easier entry into favorites Reply with quote

Quote:

I think the answer to this question is to hold in the BACK button longer, instead of just pressing it in. I tried it tonight and it took me back to the menu instead of just back one step.

Post back to let me know if that worked for you.

yes that was exactly what I was looking for - I didn't get an email notifying me about your reply. I just now found that out and was coming to post it. THANKS!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: