Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Charges?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Charges?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera Charges? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Being a newbie to this forum (less than a week) my questins my beout of place, but here goes anyway.

If you look at th Homepage or the Safety Camera download page there is an announcement saying that free Safety Camera updates are being stopped. This is fair enough (the annoucement is below). My questions are:

1 - How can I sign up for the paid service, I don't see any way of doing this.
2 - I have (over the last week) submitted a minor change to the database (namely that two temporary cameras on the M3 have been removed). It sas in the announcement that people who contributed to the original database are eligable to free lifetime membership... does this mean that I do?

Sorry to haev to ask, probably just being thick!!!

Trev

The Announcement:

Please note that this is the last version of the database to be made freely available.

From February 2006 the database will only be free to subscribing members of PocketGPSWorld.com. Please watch for further announcements on the homepage or sign up to our occasional newsletter alerts which carry full details of future database releases. The newsletter signup box is located on the top left of all site pages. Your privacy is important to us, we do not sell on your email details.

There will be 2 levels of site subscription; monthly (£2) and yearly (£19). The start date will be announced in February.

There will be Free Lifetime membership for those who have already contributed to the original speed camera database. Membership details will be announced shortly.
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would do better to post this question here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=20

Nick.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The subscription service and the method of registering for it will be announced next month.

The offer of Free lifetime membership was extended to all those who had contributed prior to 1st january 2006.
20vt-rs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be any discount or offer for people that contribute in the future that have signed up after Jan 06?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20vt-rs wrote:
Will there be any discount or offer for people that contribute in the future that have signed up after Jan 06?

We have announced a system which will involve free periods for new fixed camera sites that are subsequently validated.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: