Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WEHATEMANU39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Latest maps Reply with quote

Can some one tell me what issue is the latest maps for the I3 is it 2.7 ? I've just bought a I3 off Ebay for 109.99 and it comes with 2.7 issued maps.I've been on the website and it says the latest map software is the 2.7 which was issued in October.I know since then that the A1 in Tadcaster near me has changed since then.

If there is an update can someone point me in the right direction for me to download the upgrade.

Many thanks
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=33666
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can some one tell me what issue is the latest maps for the I3 is it 2.7 ?

The latest FIRMWARE is 2.7 but the Firmware is NOT the maps. It's the Garmins OS as it were - like Windows is to PCs.

The latest maps are v8. Check the barcode on the box there should be a v7 or v8 on it. If you have v7 then you will have wait until garmin clarify what is going to happen with updates to v8.[/quote]
bighassan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2.7 refers to the unit's software - NOT the maps. The maps loaded on the micro SD card are most recently version 8, but there are lots of units around with version 7 which are considerably older.

WEHATEMANU39 may well have bought one with V7 on eBay - it is rumoured that Garmin may do an upgrade to V8 this month but you would have to send the card in to them - the upgrade will not be downloadable.

Sorry to be painful but Somerfields are selling units with V8 for less than eBay - £99!
jonnybad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS that why mine was cheap at the time I bought it, cos it's got the old maps? (V7)?

I know they have been cheaper since, but I wondered if Comet were doing a 'clearance' of the 'old' units @ £169 before Christmas. I bought mine 28 November 05

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: