Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 Discontinued??????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 Discontinued??????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's relevant to this discussion, but Somerfield are currently selling the i3 for £99. My wife bought one this afternoon.
marbar2k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been to kwik save and picked 2 up for £99 each, one each for my mum & dad.

Do you think this will be the lowest price, or will we see lower?
MattW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see them getting any cheaper than this - I thought I got a good deal at £150 from Woolies - £99 is unbelievable for a standalone satnav.

I also can't see it lasting long - fill yer boots while you can Smile

Matt
smstextaddict
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting one as the tomtom i had in my last job was company property and even through the i3 isnt up to tomtom level, its still gives tomtom a good run for its money, considering it was half the price of tomtom (and a third now) it will do me for personal use. Yes there is a few nags i have about it but it still beats trying to read a map and drive (also Mafts excellent add on files are a bonus too).
atippett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I've just bought my Garmin i3 from Somerfield also for £99.99. Kwiksave are also selling them for this price; however, neither are advertising this offer on their web sites so ring around to see which stores have stock remaining.

Dixons are also selling this model for £138.

I'm very pleased with mine. The screen has been stated as being too small but I find it's really clear to follow and is much easier to use than anything more expensive.

One question though, should there be a software backup disk supplied with it, rather than simply a USB driver disk (the i3 manual on Garmin's web site refers to MapInstall software supplied on a DVD).

Cheers.
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atippett wrote:
Hi.

I've just bought my Garmin i3 from Somerfield also for £99.99. Kwiksave are also selling them for this price; however, neither are advertising this offer on their web sites so ring around to see which stores have stock remaining.

Dixons are also selling this model for £138.

I'm very pleased with mine. The screen has been stated as being too small but I find it's really clear to follow and is much easier to use than anything more expensive.

One question though, should there be a software backup disk supplied with it, rather than simply a USB driver disk (the i3 manual on Garmin's web site refers to MapInstall software supplied on a DVD).

Cheers.

No backup disk for the maps are provided comments made are for the US version vey misleading when navigating the Garmin web site.
At £99 for the unit if a failure were to occur on the transflash micro card after the 12 month warranty period the whole unit would probably be fit only for the bin unless Garmin were prepared to allow some sort of swap out for a resonable fee (the card is married to the unit you can't just get another card and copy the files to it if they were available)
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just posted this in the "i3 in woolies thread" but thought it would br relevant here as well:

Looks like the i3 is about to be discontinued in Maplins now as well, was having a look around the Maplins site just and guess what i found in the "dicounted end of range items section"??

Now either Garmins telling lies or all these shops that have suddenly stopped stocking the i3 and have no intentions of ever getting any other stocks are....

You know, i've got a sneaky feeling we are never going to see this version 8 map upgrade now for the i3 now they *appear* to be discontinued.

Maplins link:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=CLEARANCE&SD=N&menu=-3&DOY=21m1
Paul
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps73uk wrote:
You know, i've got a sneaky feeling we are never going to see this version 8 map upgrade now for the i3 now they *appear* to be discontinued.

You may well be right there... However I am sure it must be quite a temptation for owners of a v7 model to buy a v8 equipped one for £99 (assuming they have managed to find one, of course), and then to sell the original one to someone else... now who would even think of doing a sneaky thing like that! Wink
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the new one for the wife, that one has got the version 8 maps on it, my old one did have version 7 maps on it but that one has now also been "upgraded" to the version 8 maps that came with the new one. Wink
Paul
jonnybad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

version 8 maps, where from and when did this happen??
alan_t
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps73uk wrote:
Have just posted this in the "i3 in woolies thread" but thought it would br relevant here as well:

Looks like the i3 is about to be discontinued in Maplins now as well, was having a look around the Maplins site just and guess what i found in the "dicounted end of range items section"??

Now either Garmins telling lies or all these shops that have suddenly stopped stocking the i3 and have no intentions of ever getting any other stocks are....

Maplins link:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=CLEARANCE&SD=N&menu=-3&DOY=21m1

is it me, or are they still £199.99 on maplins website.
thats no clearance bargain is it.Laughing Out Loud

they have b grade stock for £149.99 which could mean a few things.
B Grade Product Information
The B Grade products below are either 1) End of line, 2) Refurbished 3) Used and Returned or 4) Have Scratched or dented packaging / product. All of these products have been tested and are covered by a 12 month guarantee.
alan_t
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i cannt use the bloody edit buton, will have to make another post. ffs

i bet the grad B stock are returns.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

language please, alan.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnybad wrote:
version 8 maps, where from and when did this happen??

Models with Version 8 maps have been around for at least a month now, although a lot of outlets are obviously still selling off old stock.

The current 'best offer' at the moment seems to be from branches of Somerfield and Kwiksave who were selling them at £99.99. You may not find any shops who still have any left now though as, needless to say, they went very quickly.

Your best bet is to get a list of local stores from their website, and then to 'phone round first, before making what may turn out to be a wasted journey.
Aitch2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bet for a cheap i3 is to buy from a Woolies within 3 miles of a Somerfield then request a price match at the till 8)

Aitch

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: