Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom300/Rider/poi voice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom300/Rider/poi voice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berkeley384
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem Alan

If you think I can help , PM me
Sir_Fallot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pgchimp wrote:
Hello Sir_fallot

visited that site before on several occasions and after downloading the two female and one male file over a priod of days alll they produce is the Bells and Whistles

I am installing correctly as have done so many times in the past and as i previously stated i have had the voice prompts working IN A FASHION ie not intellegable

I dont want to give up but am comming very close

regards Alan

Right there are a number of ways to get voice warnings.

I reckon this site provides one of the easiest.

Note there are two sets of voice downloads on this site - one set for general instructions which are copied to the voices folder - this is not what you need.

There are also the voices on the page I linked to. You will need to download the file for your firmware, rename the file to data.chk and copy it to your tomtom sd card (in the root directory) - that's it.

You will then have to map each POI to the correct warning using the edit POI function on your tt.

Try this link for Andy Siddell v5.420: http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/andygo_5_42data.chk

AS ALWAYS ENSURE YOU HAVE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DATA BEFORE ADDING OR MODIFING ANY FILES
berkeley384
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Fallot .... hes already done all this

As his posts say he has tried to contruct his own data.chk file using POIextend tool 1.0d from Rays site (i.e www.tomtomsatnav.info) and he has also tried to download one pre made and that has also failed
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

The poi extend program is version dependant and does not work with version 5.41
Update your Rider to version 5.42, download here http://www.tomtom.com/support/product.php?ID=55&Language=1&FID=3582

Then you have 2 options 1) download the prebuilt data.chk for version 5.42 or 2)use the poi extend app v1.0d and build your own.
Sir_Fallot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berkeley384 wrote:

Well if he's still getting bells and whistles he's not done it quite right in some way as it worked for me in exactly the same circumstances. Wink

I reckon the data.chk files he's downloaded are the alternative voices for the standard directions rather than the ones for the speed cameras.
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir_Fallot wrote:
berkeley384 wrote:

Well if he's still getting bells and whistles he's not done it quite right in some way as it worked for me in exactly the same circumstances. Wink

I reckon the data.chk files he's downloaded are the alternative voices for the standard directions rather than the ones for the speed cameras.

I DON'T have a data.chk file for v5.41 on my site
The Poi Extended Warnings app will not work with v5.41

JLee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Sir_Fallot's advice has been right on the money all through this thread. Once you've got 5.42 and installed the correct version of POI extend download the appropriate voice file from here. Unzip the file to reveal the ogg files and allocate them to one of the 30 positions using POI extend. If you don't want to keep the bells and whistles just overwrite the names and point those positions at new voice files. I found that I had enough room to keep them and still install the new speed camera voice files.

Once installed as per rayflan's instructions use Preferences>Manage POI>Warn... function to point each poi at the correct voice.

If this is what you've already tried then I, like Sir_Fallot, firmly believe you are doing somethign wrong.
berkeley384
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you peeps read before you post ?

Quote:
Last week i purchased a Tomtom Rider for the bike with a version # 5.410 which i have updated now to 5.420 thinking i was being clever

Quote:
i have done both methods using RAYS site tried the 3 pre made data.chk files and also the one using the POI extended tool

Quote:
I have also tried the pre made data.chk file off this site and one downloaded and bought on e bay all with the same results

Quote:
understand now, when using Rays software i have been using

POIW Version 1.0d tested for use with TTGO software version 5.42

So you see he is using the right software for the POI extend tool i.e V 1.0d for iuse with V5.420 that he HAS upgraded to already

He has tried the three 5.420 data.chk pre made files from Rays website and has also tried the data.chk from this site i.e PGPS and still no joy

As all that is involved in the the data.chk from this site is simply overwriting the original data.chk file I cant see what could possibly doing wron

He does get some sounds but not properly - I would suggest something is corrupt somewhere,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: