Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Oneway Street
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Oneway Street

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Oneway Street Reply with quote

Hi,

Bought my Garmin on Monday, in Comet, it said plug and play so I setup in the car park. The first direction it gave me was to go up a 'one-way' street the WRONG way ! Unfortantly I live in an area that has a one-way system and its keep directing me the wrong way down all these streets as well.

Checked my unit and it appears I have the v7 maps on it Sad will take it back when I find somewhere who have the v8's in stock, but do you think the v8 maps will have fixed the prob ? If not is there anyway I can hack it to make sure it knows these roads are oneway ?
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v8 maps might have solved the problem or not!....its possible that the almanac did not load completey ..try it for a few more days and try the route again..
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Oneway Street Reply with quote

Welcome

This type of problem is common on all Sat Nav systems. The map update MAY solve the problem, but quite often it doesn't make any difference.

The best thing to do is get someone to have a look at the street on their i3 v8 for you and see if the one-way is fixed. You can also report the map error to Garmin and they will pass it on to Navteq to fix but it might be a year or more before it is in any consumer product.

I know it's not much help, but to be honest you are probably best to just learn to work around the known map errors. If you know a street is mapped incorrectly then you will probably also know the correct route to take to avoid the mapping problem and the unit will recalculate the route for you.

You can't easily change the maps to correct errors, Garmin don't want you to do this.
Milkfloat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can report the mapping error at http://update.navteq.com/ directly rather than going via Garmin. This way will probably work out faster.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: