Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Locations on Pin 570
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Locations on Pin 570

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeltee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Camera Locations on Pin 570 Reply with quote

Hiya all sorry to sound dumb. I just got brought my Navman pin 570 and ive tried to download the camera locations from here. which ive done, ive installed them to my pocket pc but they wont let me open up the active POIS to open the locations. any ideas?????/

are there anymore downloads on camera locations i can use for the pin 570 pocket pc?

could i also install tom tom 5 and take out the smart st sd card and run tm tom on my pocket pc?????

sorry to sound dumb....
andyl200
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: PIN 570 speed camara Reply with quote

i have also purchased the Pin 570 and would love to know which software to use for the speed camara. was running Tom Tom before and had camara patch is this campatable? 8O
Adek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need any software to download the camera database to navman. navman actually uses the PC software to read in a csv file and convert it to the navman format, you then need to have active sync open so that the navman software can download the appropriate file to your PiN570.

The database can be downloaded from here
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-navman.php

and then there are further instructions on the navman website under the support pages for smartST.

it eventually owrks and you can download cameras, there are also POIs for BP garages, etc..

hope that this helps.

Adek

a PiN570 newbie
Adek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaeltee, I forgot to add that when you transfer th camera files from the desktop SmartST to the PiN, I found that it saved the files in a general directory on the PDA, which the smartST (SMART, I think is navman having a sense of homour here) on the PDA doesn't look at.

What I did to get it to work was to transfer the 4 files on the general directory on the PDA to a directory on the SD card it is under the navman then /mypoi ( I created mypoi directory as it didn't exist). This then seems to work.

just a note here, use active sync to move the files around its quicker than on the PDA.

If there is a mypoi directory elsewhere (eg. on the rom memory) make sure that this is empty otherwise I think it picks them up from that one first.

hope that this helps.

If you get them to work the PiN then seems to be fine and the camera's show up and if you tell it to will make a sound when you approach them.
Phrozen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Navman PiN 570 warns me of cameras too late. Reply with quote

Ive installed the GATSO Camera list on my Navman and its warning me like 50ft away from the camera, which is totally useless...

Any Suggestions?
Adek
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On th Smart ST software I have on the PiN570 there is a setup menu you can select (second page of options on the PiN). On that you can scroll along the selections on the bottom to the active PI menu, you can the select the distance away it will warn you. Mine seemed to always default to 500metres which is OK, but if you select a much shorter distance you are on top of the camera before it goes bing bong...

So try that setting

Adek
Phrozen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Navman PiN 570 warns me of cameras too late. Reply with quote

Will get my dad to try that when he goes to work this morning.

Cheers
Strawbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Locations on Pin 570 Reply with quote

michaeltee wrote:

could i also install tom tom 5 and take out the smart st sd card and run tm tom on my pocket pc?????

Hi, n00b here!

I've had my Pin570 (my first satnav product) for a week and have to say this site has been a great help in configuring it! Thanks for sharing your wisdom all. 8)

Anyway - I have succeeded in loading TTN5 onto a 128mb sd card with only UK map + camera poi's! There is around 16mb space left for any l8r additions. Doing it this way allows me to switch between TTN & SmartST (which also has the camera poi's installed) simply by swapping cards.

No problems so far; except the satelite lock on times seem to be par for the course w\ this device! I'll be in the market for a firmware update pretty soon. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: