Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GARMIN STREETPILOT I3 FOR DUMMIES - Clarification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GARMIN STREETPILOT I3 FOR DUMMIES - Clarification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_2811
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: GARMIN STREETPILOT I3 FOR DUMMIES - Clarification Reply with quote

Hi,

Bit of clarification about the above please?

Today I bought a i3 and upgraded the OS to 2.7, down loaded the Garmin POI loader tool and down loaded the Garmin POIs from http://www.MaFt.co.uk/garmin/download.htm

I have read
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/Garmin%20POI%20Loader%20install.pdf
in this document it says that the speed camera ZIP will have a Garmin folder or the structure, it doesn't. I can see the different files with data structured for types of GPS, but can see no reference to Garmin, only "other".

My question is which of the file/s in pocketgps_uk_sc_oct05 should I extract into the same folder containing the mafts Garmin POIs and BMP files read to be transferred to the i3 with the POI loader tool?

Cheers

John
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, i've been using the ones from here: http://pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php

and then you need to extract the 6 csv files from "csv files/other" in the zip file. these need to be unzipped into the same folder as the other POI files. have a look at the readme file in the download from MaFt.co.uk/i3 regarding the bmp's and renaming the files etc.

MaFt
Logan1475
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you go to the camera database page and scroll down to garmin there is a link to a page with instructions for downloading the i3 camera database, I think anyway.....I should know I've done this at least three times. Other than that there is a web a guy on the forum called MaFt how has his own webiste with all you need on.

Hope this helps :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: