Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Disapearing Icons?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Disapearing Icons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logan1475
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Disapearing Icons? Reply with quote

Have recently updated to v2.70 of the firmware thingy and uploaded the latest safety camera database, all seemed to go smoothly except now I seem to have lost some of the icons that show me the camera locations?

Some are showing up like at redlights etc. but in Notts there is a long string of cameras on the ring road that were showing up previously with the obligatory bong bong noise, but now they have gone and I just get a speed alert 40mph warning which is at least the correct speed alert, but no icons. Laughing

Can't understand why some cameras show and not others when they did previously??

Anyone!

Have read on the forums that some people have had problems with V2.70 update but it seems this is more to do with locking up. Wouldn't think the update would cause this sort of problem but am no expert.

Help much apreciated (Is starting to drive me a little crazy!! Joker)
awalsh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this when I upgraded to 2.50, but its completely random.

Sometimes they show, others they dont. And more worryingly sometimes the alerts do and others the same camera it doesnt.

I thought maybe the missing icons depended on whether you were travelling over the limit, but havent had chance to test this yet
jaypee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've upgraded to 2.7 - so far so good

Anyway, icons. On your computer, in the folder that you load all your pois from, are the icon files there (.bmp files) and if so are they called the same as the speed camera data files? Try this first and let me know.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when navigating, the only icons that show up are those with proximity alerts. distance ones (such as redlight cam's) show up when you're nearby. speed related ones only show up when you are over the set limit.

MaFt
gazthomas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will only show up if you are at or above the speed limit thats associated with the poi also....
LT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded a lot of POI's such as argos, burger king etc, as well as the speed cameras.

Do all the icons actually appear if you're simply in the view map rather than actually on a route as such?

If so, none of the icons appear, unless I want to do a route to them, and even then, only the ones which I direct it to.

Perhaps the screen would be full of the icons if they were all to show, but it would be nice to know either way...
Logan1475
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everyones posts, but my original question which started this thread has still not been answered. If the icons and the bong bonging where there with the old safety camera database and V2.50, how come they are not there with V2.70 and the latest database. They used to show regardless of my speed before which I quite liked.

I used the same method to upload the database as before i.e express install.

Is this down to a change in the new firmware or have the cameras been removed from the database??? Stop it!
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan1475 wrote:
Thanks for everyones posts, but my original question which started this thread has still not been answered. If the icons and the bong bonging where there with the old safety camera database and V2.50, how come they are not there with V2.70 and the latest database. They used to show regardless of my speed before which I quite liked.

I used the same method to upload the database as before i.e express install.

Is this down to a change in the new firmware or have the cameras been removed from the database??? Stop it!

when you loaded the poi's first time did you have the 'km' checked..you probely didnt noticed that the bonging was sounding at a lower speed than the speed camera speed..(its the km to mph caculation)..on the upgrade you might have checked the proper mph box and therefore you will only get a bonging at the proper mph speed...hope i explained myself properly...
jaypee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 2.7 - the boing is boinging and the icon is still shown on'show map' mode and on a route

If yours isn't, I still think checking the file names is worth a go

Hope this helps
Logan1475
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked the file names and they match up ok.

Zogman, you could be right about the mph and kph thing, I think previuosly I had the database uploaded with kph units and so the alert limits where lower(as the i3 was set up in mph) so the icons showed all the time.

It seems though that some people have the scenario where the cameras only show up when over the alert limit and some show cameras all the time regardless?

I guess I could change the alert limit in the csv. files to a lower number causing the icons to show at say 25mph instead of 30mph but this seems a bit long winded.
Logan1475
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to double post, but Jaypee do you still get the bonging noise and icons even if you are below the alert speed limit?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: