Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maplins Special Offer!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maplins Special Offer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logan1475
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Maplins Special Offer! Reply with quote

What happend to this idea that buying an i3 from Maplins meant that it was a special offer, surely this is against some sort of fair trade law or something Police seeing as it is on sale at this price everywhere and even cheaper in some cases?

It's still great value for money and had no real problems with mine but its not the point. I may not have rushed into buying one if I thought they would be available at this price(or cheaper) indefinatley if you see what I mean.

A lot of people must have bought these thinking they were getting a real bargain, where as they might not have if they had just been advertised with a RRP.
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm also a wee bit cheesed off at thinking the price might have risen after the brochure offers end date, Maplin have done nothing wrong. All Maplin did is highlight a product to entice us (the buying public) to purchase. (This is know as invitation to treat in consumer law). :D

Another thought, Question How many wallys' bought a heap of i3 at £199.99 thinking they could flog them on Ebay at an enhanced price? Laughing Laughing
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Maplins Special Offer! Reply with quote

When the flyer was printed (probably months ago) they would have had no idea of what price PC World and such like would sell the item for.

You can't really accuse Maplin of bad faith here, there is no such thing as RRP anymore (it was deemed to be anti-competitive).

Shop around, find a good price, spend your money and be happy. :D
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Maplins Special Offer! Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
You can't really accuse Maplin of bad faith here, there is no such thing as RRP anymore (it was deemed to be anti-competitive).
Hi,

That may well be the case but you still see it used quite a lot... such as in Garmin's full page advert in the Sunday Times supplement which actually quotes an RRP of £294.00, which is then crossed out in red, and in large type underneath... Now only £199.99 ... and in smaller type... Until 31/12/05.

We shall see!
Logan1475
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall see indeed, I will be very interested to see if the price does go up, and surprised if it does as well.

I hear Tom Tom are planning to ditribute a new sat nav system for £270. I know its still £70 more but the gap is getting smaller.

Will Garmin be able to flog the i3 at an increased price in light of this other big brands competition! 8O

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: