Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I'm stuck...!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm stuck...!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodding_dino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: I'm stuck...! Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have read and read and am going round in circles and have got all muddled! So I have a cup of tea and a biscuit and I'm going to tell you everything I can so that hopefully someone far smarter than me will be able to help!

The aim...

I would like to have the full speed camera database installed on my PPC and have the warning voices instead of the bell and cow!

The equipment...

QTek S100 PPC
TomTom Navigator 5

The story so far...!

I bought a TTN5 with blutooth GPS kit from pdamods who kindly sent me two files, an .OV2 and a .BMP I was told to copy the OV2 and BMP files to the Storage Card into the Country Directory and enable them in the POI screen.

I did this and although I have only been past one camera on the way to work, managed to get a 'polite 1' beep when I reached 200yrds.

Last night I found a link (not to hand, but from here) to a UK site with some other voice files. I used the instructions in this sites tutorial to overwrite the existing .chk file (which I found in the TOMTOM dir), but after a soft reset, I still ended up with the default sounds to choose from as alerts.

I am now not sure whether I have the correct OV2 file as my POI list only shows one camera type, whereas the voices here seem to be able to be triggered depending upon type.

I am truly confused and would love it if someone could 'hand hold' me through setting this up!

Thanks so much in advance,

ND
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to have speed warnings as well as camera type, then download the camera database from this site (there is a link on the home page), when you unzip it you will ned to extract the speed zoned ones (both mobile and Gatso) in addition to these you will need Red Lights, SPECS, Temp - in total 19 individual cameras, each one has two files associated with it a .ov2 and .bmp these 38 files need to go into the Great-Britain-Map folder on the SD card. (get rid of the two files you have been supplied with or you will get duel warnings for some cameras)

The voice warnings are stored in the programs/ navigator folder, you need to download the voice applicable to the version of TT you are running and copy the file into the folder mentioned above, soft reset the device.
Then you need to configure TT to use them - start TT and go to preferences, manage POI, and select the tick box adjacent to each camera, when this is done select warn when near POI and configure each camera for distance, and sound then select warn only if POI on route check box, (note the sound selectionwill be much easier if you have done the data.chk file swap before this) also as a tip try writing down each camera and ticking off as you complete each stage.

Finally a few links of useful info to refer to
Where to put the data.chk file
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22844

For some other voice skins (directions and matching camera voices try
http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk/

The link below will describe about the camera database (avail from this site)
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17702

Cheers - Mike
nodding_dino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I just wanted to come back and offer my thanks for such a great post! I read through slowly last night, doing each bit in turn and within 20 minutes I was up and running!

I am going to see if I can suss out the auto update bit next so that I know I always have the latest version of the database on my PPC.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

ND

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: