Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin POI Loader
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin POI Loader
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've printed out the following, based on MELennium's instructions on this forum. I find them easy to understand, and they work well for me.

1) Create a folder "Garmin I3 POI’s & Safety Camera Data" or similar.

2) Download the latest POI’s to the folder.
(from http://www.MaFt.co.uk/garmin/download.htm )

3) Download the latest Safety Camera Data to the same folder.
(from http://pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php )

4) Now unzip your POI’s & Safety Camera Data files to the same folder.

5) Connect your I3 to your computer using the provided USB cable.

6) Your I3 should automatically open the GARMIN POI LOADER but if not open manually & then select NEXT & it will search & find your I3.

7) Now select NEXT again then on BROWSE to find the folder you made & named earlier where you downloaded your latest POI’s & Safety Camera Data too and then on OK.

8 ) You can now change the distance & speed to feet and mph if required.

9) Either leave at Express which downloads your POI’s & Safety Camera Data automatically or change to Manual where you can choose to alter the proximity alerts to suit your individual needs.

10) Now select NEXT & it will now download to your I3 if you chose Express, or you can alter the proximity alerts of each POI as you keep on selecting NEXT, if you chose Manual.

11) Once downloaded disconnect your I3 from your computer.

I hope this helps Smile
Samsung Galaxy S21
timmy22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Please i beg u Reply with quote

Which file type should i download for my i3.
Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type.

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type.

Consolidated by type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera.

Please can u help.

I can load files a ok , just need to know the best ones to use.

Many thanks Tim.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I've copied the following from:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php

What camera database categories do I need?

Well it is down to personal choice and the limitations of your SatNav package. If you were to stay in the UK there are 3 levels of options (if unsure just download the single file cameras, and when you have a better understanding of it all, download other files):

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type. As stated above, this category contains all of the above categories, except for the Continental one. It is for UK users who have SatNav systems that can only use a limited number of POI categories at time:

pocketgps_uk_sc

Consolidated by Type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera. This is just the main categories and none of the subcategories that show speed limits:

pocketgps_uk_gatso
pocketgps_uk_mobile
pocketgps_uk_redlight
pocketgps_uk_specs
pocketgps_uk_temp

Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type. If you want the above but with subcategories of the Gatso, Mobile, and SPECS databases to show speed related cameras:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30
pocketgps_uk_gatso_40
pocketgps_uk_gatso_50
pocketgps_uk_gatso_60
pocketgps_uk_gatso_70
pocketgps_uk_gatso_tba
pocketgps_uk_gatso_var
pocketgps_uk_mobile_20
pocketgps_uk_mobile_30
pocketgps_uk_mobile_40
pocketgps_uk_mobile_50
pocketgps_uk_mobile_60
pocketgps_uk_mobile_70
pocketgps_uk_mobile_tba
pocketgps_uk_redlight
pocketgps_uk_specs_20
pocketgps_uk_specs_30
pocketgps_uk_specs_40
pocketgps_uk_specs_50
pocketgps_uk_specs_60
pocketgps_uk_specs_70
pocketgps_uk_specs_tba
pocketgps_uk_temp

There are almost an endless amount of combinations of the above. Please don't forget that:

You can use a combination of speed-zoned sub-categories of one type with non-speed-zoned categories of another type, i.e. speed-zoned Gatso and Mobile with non-speed-zoned SPECS.
If you use speed-zoned sub categories use all of the sub categories (else you won’t get warnings for every site) and don't use the full category with the sub-categories (else you will get duplicate warnings).

You can download the zipped file and manually copy the required categories to you SatNav system. If you wish to use speed-zoned categories then you will need to look in different folders in the zip file, they are in the "speed zoned" folder and then the "gatso", "mobile", "specs" sub-folders depending on your requirements.
gmtsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is an issue with ver3.00 of the Garmin i3 software? My speed camera POIs worked fine until I updated my i3 to ver3.00. Now it doesn't show any Speed Cameras.
I've tried reloading the POI via the Garmin POI Loader twice in case the software update erases any POIs, but still no luck.
timmy22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

all sorted now, this site rocks!
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmtsteve wrote:
Does anyone know if there is an issue with of the Garmin i3 software? My speed camera POIs worked fine until I updated my i3 to ver3.00. Now it doesn't show any Speed Cameras.
I've tried reloading the POI via the Garmin POI Loader twice in case the software update erases any POIs, but still no luck.

You may be interested in the following thread about the upgrade:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39468&start=45&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ver3+00

Also, have you followed all the instructions here:
Garmin POI Loader Guide
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/garmin-poi-loader-speed-cameras.php

Camera Help Guides/ Garmin i3
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28985&start=75
porky48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WiFi Reply with quote

If you want poi's this is the place to go http://www.MaFt.co.uk/garmin/

MattPackwood wrote:
Anyone know where I could find a POI datbase of WiFi locations?
gmca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a beginner at this so here go's. I have installed poi & speed camera's
in the custom points folder on my garmin i3, but when i drive past one of these points nothing happens. Am i doing somthing wrong, can someone please help me Question
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmca wrote:
I am a beginner at this so here go's. I have installed poi & speed camera's
in the custom points folder on my garmin i3, but when i drive past one of these points nothing happens. Am i doing somthing wrong, can someone please help me Question

Welcome to the forum!

The i3 is set up so that you will hear alerts and POI icons will only show up when you are above the speed limit.

read more here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34637
floatlite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just aquired a little Garmin i3 for my 'other' car, as it's cheap and seems to get good reviews.

Now I am used to using the camera database on the tomtom system, but when I go to the download page for the Garmin I have the following options

UK - GPSR map overlay

UK - POILoader

UK - Single File With all camera GPX

UK - Speed Zoned Complete (23 files)

Now I have used the UK - Speed Zoned Complete (23 files) one, but can anyone explain to me what the first 2 offerings are?

ie the GPSR map overlay and the POILoader?

And what. if any avantages/disadvantages do they offer?

many thanks

David
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floatlite wrote:
I have just aquired a little Garmin i3 for my 'other' car, as it's cheap and seems to get good reviews.

Now I am used to using the camera database on the tomtom system, but when I go to the download page for the Garmin I have the following options

UK - GPSR map overlay

UK - POILoader

UK - Single File With all camera GPX

UK - Speed Zoned Complete (23 files)

Now I have used the UK - Speed Zoned Complete (23 files) one, but can anyone explain to me what the first 2 offerings are?

ie the GPSR map overlay and the POILoader?

And what. if any avantages/disadvantages do they offer?

many thanks

David

Hi David,

Sorry, only just spotted this Embarassed

A belated welcome to the forums Smile

If you use the search link and type in GPSR map overlay and POI Loader you will finds lots of related info.
raymicgib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: .csv .gpx query Reply with quote

Question - Why does my Garmin I3 not work with the .GPX download of the speed camera database?

I have been using a Garmin I3 for 3 months now - it's great.

Small problem however, I downloaded the Speed Camera Database from Pocket GPS in April in .csv format and it worked great with all the audible warnings and screen warnings working correctly. In May I downloaded the same database but in the new .gpx format and now they do not work at all (although they are viewable in "points of interest"). My settings are set to allow proximity alerts and I am using ver 3.0 firmware.

I have since reverted back to the April .csv database and everything came right again.

Thanks
adamantski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a new folder and name it .....Speed Camera. Drag and drop the zipped file into it. Open the new folder and the zipped file will come up. Right click on it, then left click extract all. You now have 2 lots. Delete the zipped file. Close folder. Plug i3 to pc using supplied USB. POI comes up on screen. The browse function will now see the folder named Speed Camera ( before it would not see the zipped folder ) Double click on the folder Speed Camera inside the browse box. That folder name will then appear at the top. Cick yes or next to continue. Another little screen will come up about opening the folder inside the folder speed camera. Just click yes and it will transfer the speed camera info to your i3. This is a step by step instruction. If this does`nt work then delete and reload POI
Arcalius
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Garmin C310, and I am trying to install POI's onto the supplied SD card. I maybe being thick so excuse me if I am, but is there anyway to accsess the POI's on the SD card, through the unit itself?
hdroadking1955
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any speed camera POI databases for the USA?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: