Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera's, tesco's, asda's, mcdonalds and sainsbury POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera's, tesco's, asda's, mcdonalds and sainsbury POI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks MaFt Reply with quote

MaFt, great job mate on the update of your zip files. I have just clicked on your link and saw the new files. All Garmin users including me are as usual very grateful to you for your time and help.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs...here is a link to the new speed camera data http://www.pocketgpspoi.com/downloads/pocketgps_uk_sc_sep05.zip just load the csv files using the garmin poi loader...
chic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
I take it i'm only using the csv file for my i3, and does it just upload the extra cams or delete the whole existing poi's...any help appreciated..

when you load im new poi it overwrites the previous file, what i did was i download mafs file, i then downloaded the new speed camera database and the took the i took the csv files from the (csv/others) folder, i renamed each of the speed cam csv files to the same name as MaFt used so they match with the bmp is MaFt folder,i then copied accross the renamed speed cam files to mafts poi folder and then upload to the i3, and presto updated files
chic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also noticed i wasnt getting any alerts for redlightcams, i have found that the proximity alerts arent switched on for the red light cams, its easy to fix, just choose manual instead of automatic in the poi loader menu, you can then decide if you want to set proximity alerts for each csv file, so with redlight cams you tick the box saying you want a proximity alert, leave the speed set to 0 and input the distance you want the alert at, only takes a few secs more than doing it automatic.
HUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again MaFt for you custom POI, I see you have added the new camera database in to your download area. I have however found a number of camera that where not on the previous camera database that I am about to send to PocketGPS. But, there is a camera on the pocket GPS database that is not in your files. It is Gatso 0501 (on the A605 cambridgeshire).

Did you know about this and could there be anymore missing?! This is true for both the last camera file and the new one.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUK wrote:
Thanks again MaFt for you custom POI, I see you have added the new camera database in to your download area. I have however found a number of camera that where not on the previous camera database that I am about to send to PocketGPS. But, there is a camera on the pocket GPS database that is not in your files. It is Gatso 0501 (on the A605 cambridgeshire).

Did you know about this and could there be anymore missing?! This is true for both the last camera file and the new one.

erm... weird, seeing as i haven't edited the pocketGPS file other than changing the name of the file so it looks nicer on the i3!

having just looked, it IS in there: in the zSpeed Cam - UK.csv file.
-0.51785 52.40624 GATSO:0501@60

the speed camera database is going to be removed from the next zip file i release anyway. it'll just have instructions on how to use them with the ones people download from me and also have the fixed bmp's that work with the i3.

MaFt
HUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt - thanks for the quick reply. I'll look on my unit tonight but for whatever reason, it does not warn me of that camera! I wonder if that's why it also didn't alert me to 2 gatso's on the A14 going to Cambridge. I'll drop your new file on tomorrow and give that ago as well and see if it now alerts (see no reason why not though)

I have just found the last copy of the files you created and you are right, it is there. Wonder why my unit doesn't alert me to this?!

For future use, if we want to download one file containg all gatso's like you have done, do we use the Pocketgps_uk_sc.csv file or is this not updated anymore?

Sorry for the confusion with the missing camera, I wonder if my unit is playing up?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUK wrote:
For future use, if we want to download one file containg all gatso's like you have done, do we use the Pocketgps_uk_sc.csv file or is this not updated anymore?

i see the problem. the Pocketgps_uk_sc.csv file from the 'single file version\csv file\other' folder does not have the @60 label to tell the i3 the speed limit - but the other versions do... i've been using the files in the 'csv files\other' folder for the camera's.

may be worth pointing out this to pocket gps people (unless they already read this?)

MaFt
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
HUK wrote:

i see the problem. the Pocketgps_uk_sc.csv file from the 'single file version\csv file\other' folder does not have the @60 label to tell the i3 the speed limit - but the other versions do... i've been using the files in the 'csv files\other' folder for the camera's.

may be worth pointing out this to pocket gps people (unless they already read this?)

MaFt

We do look at these forums :D , but as we have so many posts every day sometimes these can be missed. If you need to nitify us of any changes required to the Speed Camera database please email them to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com and they will be guaranteed to be processed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: