Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera's, tesco's, asda's, mcdonalds and sainsbury POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera's, tesco's, asda's, mcdonalds and sainsbury POI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:
MaFt wrote:

wanna try again with the congestion zones? have updated the bitmap: http://MaFt.co.uk/misc/GarminPOIs.zip

MaFt

MMM still not displaying correctly on the old C320. I'll have a play to see what I can do with it Question Exclamation Confused

try again, it's now an 8-bit bmp (was 16-bit before)
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

Sorry MaFt, but it looks like we'll never get this one to work. Its displaying the logo, but the colours and quality of the image are very poor. Sad
attic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: bitmaps on pois Reply with quote

I asked Garmin if it was possible for the POI bitmaps to appear when natigating.

I guess you could set them up as @0 so that they will show up and beep like a redlight camera - but this isn't v good....

Reply for Garmin was
Quote:
The POI's do not become visible on the screen when navagating because the consensus is that the POI's clog up the screen.

Not sure whose consensus he's talking about, but maybe if enough people email them and ask for POI bitmaps to appear, they might make it an option. If you don't want them, you can always turn them off...
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:
MaFt wrote:

Sorry MaFt, but it looks like we'll never get this one to work. Its displaying the logo, but the colours and quality of the image are very poor. Sad

weird... well, all i can say is it works on the i3!!

MaFt
Hyperion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just reloaded my POI's using the manual setting and set the proximity alert for 1 mile for each of them (Tesco, McD etc). I'll try it out tomorrow & let you know if a) any icons appear and b)the i3 gets thrown out of the window because the alarm's going off continuously
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperion wrote:
b)the i3 gets thrown out of the window because the alarm's going off continuously

i can just picture it now, a homeless scrote picks it up and finds his way back to your house with it seeking a reward ;)

a mile might be too far though to show on the screen? unless you're going pretty fast and it's zoomed out a bit. let us know anyway!

MaFt
Lewy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt, I have been using your POIs but wanted a few more so I re-made the Brewsters, Football Grounds, Hungry Horse, Maplins, Attractions, Odeon and UCI cinemas, Toys R Us, Argos, Travelodge, Zoos.

They all work fine on my i3 along with the ones you did. Thing is I don't mind sharing this data but dont have any free webspace set up. I will email you these files if you want so that others can use them if they wish.

Up to you, let me know Wink
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewy wrote:
MaFt, I have been using your POIs but wanted a few more so I re-made the Brewsters, Football Grounds, Hungry Horse, Maplins, Attractions, Odeon and UCI cinemas, Toys R Us, Argos, Travelodge, Zoos.

They all work fine on my i3 along with the ones you did. Thing is I don't mind sharing this data but dont have any free webspace set up. I will email you these files if you want so that others can use them if they wish.

yep, thats fine. mail@MaFt.co.uk
Big-Ed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Created mine as descriped earlier and worked very well, logos as well :D add into MatFt's file and up loaded 8)
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

came across this website whilst browsing... http://www.getoutguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/poidownloads/ its got loads of poi's in csv (i3) format ....hope the author doe'snt mind me putting this link on here..
upthegardenpath
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun4u wrote:
Found this interesting website:
http://www.poidownload.co.uk/
Might be of help...

From their website... "This site offers free download of UK company information for use with GPS navigation systems such as TomTom. All information comes from a freely available UK company database - this site makes no guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the data.

Position data comes from UK postcodes. The centre of the postcode area is taken as the location for the company - this is generally very accurate especially in built-up areas, but could be less precise in rural parts. "

only problem is that the files generated are .asc and I don't know how to convert then to .csv for the i3

Anyone any ideas?.....MaFt?...
Sun4u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use POI Edit from www.poiedit.com

Use NAVMan CSV format for conversion, once it is geneated, open it in notepad and remove top 3 lines. Thats It!

upthegardenpath wrote:

From their website... "This site offers free download of UK company information for use with GPS navigation systems such as TomTom. All information comes from a freely available UK company database - this site makes no guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the data.

Position data comes from UK postcodes. The centre of the postcode area is taken as the location for the company - this is generally very accurate especially in built-up areas, but could be less precise in rural parts. "

only problem is that the files generated are .asc and I don't know how to convert then to .csv for the i3

Anyone any ideas?.....MaFt?...
upthegardenpath
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

massive thanks for that to sun4u !!
easy when you know how!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewy wrote:

lewy, can you send me these again... think i lost them... Sad
Lewy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs, on the way MaFt Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: