Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 3000 with Ipaq 3850 - Unrecognized Card Error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 3000 with Ipaq 3850 - Unrecognized Card Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Navman 3000 with Ipaq 3850 - Unrecognized Card Error Reply with quote

I'm getting an unrecognized card error when I put in the Lexar CF card into my Navman 3000 sleeve. I bought the Navman 3000 on Ebay last week and it connects to the Ipaq with no problem. I even upgraded the drivers to v3.1.6 and it still has a problem recognizing the card. The card came with the unit which the original owner was using to store there maps. This CF card is a Lexar card that has a Comap label on it. It says Ipaq Navigation on it also. I believe it comes with UK major roads and cities. I'm in the US and would like to use the Navman for US travel. Anyone know what I may need to do to get this card to read correctly? Do you think I may need to buy another CF card? If so then what brand will defintely work with the Ipaq 3850??
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the sleeve definitely a Navman one, or does it say COMPAQ iNS on it? The iPAQ navigation package uses different files from the Navman one and I wouldn't expect a Navman sleeve to have an iPAQ Navigation card with it.
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Hmmmmmm Reply with quote

Well I checked the sleeve and on the back it says Navman in big letters. On the front left of the sleeve it says Ipaq Navigation System in white lettering. On the sleeves label it says GPS Sensor designed and manufactured for Compaq Ipaq Pocket PC by Navman NZ Ltd. Made in New Zealand. I think the serial number is 2-4-A-52-1254
I checked to see if the sleeve is working by installing GPSinfo and on my way to work this morning it was actively getting a fix. It went from Aq V to 3D A. It switched back and forth from 3D A and 2D A. The Latitude and Longitude was actively changing. It didn't have a number of satelites, signal strength, or time posted. I guessing that it's a working device if the latitude and longitude numbers were actively changing as I was driving. It was about a 23 minute drive from home to work. I guess the only other way of really seeing if it works is getting a CF card in there with maps to use with the Tom Tom software I installed on the Ipaq. So do you think I might need anther card or is there a certain driver that may have to be installed on the Ipaq? I don't have the original software that come with the Navman and I wonder if the original software has drivers to read the CF cards. Do you think the original software does have drivers for that? If so, then where can I find the SmartST software. I'm only seeing the SmartST V3 which is for the ICN devices.
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Oh boy Reply with quote

Well I'm starting to believe that it may be a Compaq INS. I have been looking on the web since you replied back. Well, either way it's made by Navman. It works with the 3000 drivers and I also updated it witht he 3.1.6 drivers. What do I do about it reading from the CF slot?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh boy Reply with quote

Chettaman wrote:
Well I'm starting to believe that it may be a Compaq INS. I have been looking on the web since you replied back. Well, either way it's made by Navman. It works with the 3000 drivers and I also updated it witht he 3.1.6 drivers. What do I do about it reading from the CF slot?

OK, you have a Compaq iNS sleeve, which was made by Navman for Compaq. Can you try installing this driver instead?
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Aaargh Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that driver. I noticed that driver is v3.1.1 That's the original driver that I was using. The v3.1.6 doesn't work with it at all. I uninstalled the one I had and installed the one you posted but, no difference. I did soft resets after the removal and installation just to make sure that everything would work right. I still get the unrecognized card error when I put the CF card in. Any other ideas?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I can think of, but that 3.1.1 is the correct one for your sleeve.
Chettaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Dang Reply with quote

All I really need at this point is to get a CF card to be recognized. I went to that sight you sent me and looked around found a Tom Tom GPS software. I downloaded and it's much better than the Navman GPS info. I'm going to fully test it when I drive home today but, so far from running through the parking lot outside it's working great. Do you think that I may need to buy a different CF card or do you think that there's something wrong with the sleeve and the card is unable to be read? I thought that it could be that I needed better drivers but, if v3.1.1 is the only one working for me then what the hell could the problem be?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: