Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - backup my preferences
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

backup my preferences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: backup my preferences Reply with quote

This is first time that this has happened to me since running TT5. But started my Ipaq up after it had sat in a hot van all day and when i went to naviagte to home the option was greyed out.
Easy to put back in i know but all POI had either got a check mark or no check mark by them (i cant remember) the POI warnings (speed cameras) were not enabled. It was as if it had gone back to default settings.
I have been saving my recent destinations as POI and not favourites and were all still there too. (i back these up most weeks anyway by saving the ov2 file to my pc)
What i want to know is, is there a file or folder i can save that will save all my preferences to save me the time of re entering all the options i like. I seen in a post below about deleting old destinations something about a .cfg file. Is this the one i need, if so where is it, i cant see it in the map folder
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you have your GB map installed on you card in a folder called "Great_Britain-Map" you will find within that folder a file called "Great_Britain-Map.cfg".

This file contains all your customisation including favourites. Simply make a copy of this as "copy of Great-Britain-Map.cfg" (or whatever) and you can restore it by renaming it in seconds.

My config file got corrupted today for the first time, thereby showing all the symptons you describe. TTN5 still works, but is in effect reset to it's original default settings as it creates a new config file.

I backup the entire contents of my 1Gb SD card to the PC every couple of days via a card reader...this has got me out of trouble on many occasions when the SD card has got corrupted.

Hope this helps.
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worked a treat copied the cfg file (showing up as a Microsoft Office Outlook Configuration File on my PC) reset factory settings then overwrote file. All main bits there but a few things i have had to alter back such as the voice change, time format, miles and i have mine as left handed (much easier to use when in centre of dash and i think a lot safer)
But the main fiddle about has gone now thanks to the .cfg file. I got it copied on my Ipaq now ready to paste just in case it happens again.

Seems strange yours went same day as mine though ............. spooky

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: