Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - voice prompts in TT5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

voice prompts in TT5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: voice prompts in TT5 Reply with quote

I have upgraded a fully working TT3 to TT5 and now find that, although nearly everything else works, the voice prompts no longer work for the cameras. The sound effects embedded in TT5 all work but the warning voice no longer does. When I activate POIWarner I get an error message saying that \pocketgps_continental.ov2 contains an invalid path. all the required elements are in the map folder on the SD card. Any suggestions please?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot use CheckPOI with TT5 its not compatable, there are way to change the TT5 bells and bongs etc. its all detailed on the forum, there have been messages that they are working on a POI warner (like the old TT3 one that is a brilliant bit of software) but not seen it avail yet - I would even be prepared to pay for it I miss it that much the TT5 warner is rubish in comparison.- Mike
dancie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Mike, that obviously explains the error messages at the beginning of CheckPOI ! I'll investigate changing the bongs and bangs, what forum is the discussion on please?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php for the voices and one of threads is here.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Extra Speed cam voices Reply with quote

I have used the safety camera voices downloaded from www.rayflanagan.co.uk for various speed warnings, I find these work admirably on TTN5 on my Mitac Mi :D o,
Mus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have downloaded Ray's work (set 3 - no 'bongs') and it is excellent. Clear, precise and helpful ':D'. BUT I am having a problem. When I restart TT5, say the next day or later that day I am losing ALL the warnings and also any favourites including HOME 'Crying or Very sad'. I think it may only be happening when my XDA is switched off between restarts but I have yet to explore this further.

As a result I have to relink the voices to each speed POI each time I restart TT5 and reload HOME (I have given up reloading other favourites) ':x'. On one occasion TT5 even wanted me to sign in again - it came up with opening dialoque; I avoided this by soft resetting, a prayer and hey presto my map was back!

Of course this be the fault of Ray's voices but it did not appear to happen before. Has any one else had this probem because it is wholly impractical with this bug?

I am running an XDA11, TT5 V5.0, have added the PocketGPS speed cameras (GATSO and mobile) and various other POI's and also the 'Special 39' voice which I find really good when I do not need directions but do need speedcam warnings. The only POI's that I link to voices is the speedcam's.

Anybody else had this problem? Any ideas?
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Losing voices Reply with quote

I had same problem with configuring voice, I founf tha t I was losing POIs and Voices, I found that map.cfg and or data.chk files where read only, A point for anybody having this problem if your original data.chk file was "read only" and you overrite with with archived file the new file remains "read only" you must copy files to your pc hdd, delete originals are add .old to keep for future then copy back to pda, I am also using rays voices without beep (they come as a little surprise) only problem I find is that voices are lower than tomtoms, but other than that are still a very usefull addition.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Losing voices etc Reply with quote

Sorry about previous message(Had a bad day)
I had same problem with configuring voices, and also found that I was losing POIs and Voices, found that map.cfg and or data.chk files where "read only", A point for anybody having this problem, if your original data.chk file was "read only" and you overrite with with archived file the new file remains "read only", you must copy files to your pc hdd, then delete originals or add .old to originals to keep for future then, copy back to pda, I am also using rays set 3 voices without bong (they come as a little surprise) only problem I find is that voices are lower than tomtoms, but other than that are still a very usefull addition. hope this helps
Mus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj2052 - Not sure I fully understand. Have you got a cure? 'Confused'

I have renamed my data.chk as originaldata.chk. Are you saying that I should change originaldata.chk to originaldata.old and then install Ray's stuff?

Also how does this prevent favoirites from being deleted?

thanks in anticipation
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your file(s) are read only then it will not save the new data when you configure your voices or POIs, I donot know where you got originaldata.chk from, you should just add ".old" to end of original file (original = original file) i.e. to data.chk.old to preserve it in case you need again then copy rays "data.chk file to pda making making sure it is a archived file and not "read only"

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: