Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aldi - Medion MD95900 - MDPNA200S
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldi - Medion MD95900 - MDPNA200S
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pixor wrote:
Hi Pixor,

Thank you for your reply. Had flipped-out the antenna, tried both inside a building and outside a building and still no GPS satellites were being found. Seems to be picking up some GPS satellites at my home though. Doesn't seem to be as responsive as the Acer n35 that i'd sent back to the suppliers due to the fact that they failed to honour their part of a bundle deal to supply with a £29.99 leather case, Acer n35 used to pick up 3-4 often 6 GPS satellites but perhaps not at same location. Guess I need to play with GPS a little more prior to concluding it's d.o.a.

Best Regards.

It sounds like you have a problem - I get 7 or 8 satellites within 20 or 30 seconds.[/quote]

Hi Pixor,

Thank you for your reply. I'm able to get 6 GPS satellites within 20 seconds at my own place but at my parents place no GPS satellites are picked up (however occasionally 3-4 are picked up but the GPS reception goes to 0, 3-4, 0 etc.. etc.. There are big trees that surround their place perhaps this is the cause of the problem with GPS reception?).

Is it likely that i've been unfortunate to buy a d.o.a. unit or is reception intermittent where, let's say for arguments sake there are big trees around that interfere with GPS reception?.

Really am not keen on returning the PNA that i've bought back to Medion as could possibly have replaced with a refurbished product if not repaired. Have asked Medion for assistance by e-mail. Why they publish an e-mail address on their manuals I really do not know as all they have done is told me to ring them on their 0870 number (I'm anti-0870). I've explained the problems experienced in detail on two e-mails and all that the manufacturers have done is send what appears to be a standard response suggesting that I ring them on their 0870 number for support as they cannot offer assistance by e-mail.

Not impressed with Medion.

Perhaps Aldi are more approachable. Not sure. Just my luck to have bought a d.o.a. PNA if it's d.o.a.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk
bertie_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad has one of these, bought from Aldi last week.

I have an iPaq 2210 & Bluetooth GPS with TomTom so know about this stuff.

Can anyone help with two questions:

1, The Medion won't create a partnership in Activesync, comes up with an error. Emailed Medion, and they say is a missprint in the manual and you shouldn't create a partnership, just use guest. Is this right?

2, Is it possible to install TomTom onto the Medion? Personally think it is much easier to use then the Navigator software. Then I don't need to purchase POIWarner for the speed cameras.

thanks

Bertie
bikageboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can this be done on the medion PNA100 ? if so, what are the benefits of doing this ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: