Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i’m gong to wait to buy...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i’m gong to wait to buy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
equium
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: i’m gong to wait to buy... Reply with quote

first, thank you to dave and darren for responding to my previous newbie questions. i have my heart set on a

GPS-V but have decided to wait to see if garmin will eventually produce one with a larger screen (like the original streetpilot). my purchase will be mostly used by my wife and i would rather not have her strain to read the small display ont the GPS-V.   ( and i can't afford the streetpilot III). SO, does anyone have an inside sccop if garmin will produce a bigger screen for the gps-v or will i be waiting in vain?

thanks to all.

danny
equium
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: i’m gong to wait to buy... Reply with quote

SO, does anyone have an inside sccop if garmin will produce a bigger screen for the gps-v
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Although I would like to think so, I doubt it will happen because the market is starting to swing towards colour street routing products with voice navigation. If anything I would hope to see an updated Street Pilot III which is small and easier to handle and a better address lookup facility.
equium
Occasional Visitor

thanks dave, maybe i'll just bite the bullet and get the gps-v or just wait till the streetpilot comes down in price.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Have you looked on eBay for a 2nd user SPIII? The voice feature is well worth it as is the benefit of the larger display.
equium
Occasional Visitor

yes i have. i am now leaning toward the spIII but still afraid of the price. i need to let my wife forget about my recent purchase of an addition to my home theater then i'll hit her with the SPIII.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Danny, come back in a couple of days and you'll have a surprise here on the front news page
equium
Occasional Visitor

where is the front news page? the suspense is killing me! Smile
Dave
Frequent Visitor

That's alright, in two days the wife would have forgotten about the home theater. Just don't tell her I said that!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

It s here!
equium
Occasional Visitor

that was a great review. i learned a few things that i did not know about the SPIII. forgive my ignorance dave, was the good news the review or that the SPIII will be comming down in price? Of course, now that i got a look at the Navman iCN 630, that looks like a pretty slick unit. still, it is pretty expensive. decisions, decisions.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Equium, unfortunately it was just the review. The SPIII has recently dropped in price, so I doubt it will drop any further.

We're currently reviewing the iCN630

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: