Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OS GPS Convertor v2 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OS GPS Convertor v2 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatFreddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry

I also had the same problem with OSGPS not being able to see the OSGPS.OV2 file in my Great_Britain Navigator Map folder on my CF card using the drop down menu. The Great_Britain Navigator Map folder was not listed.

In the end I just changed the reference in the registry to point to the correct location.

I did accidentally initially set it to a OSgps folder on my SD card where I had a back up copy of the OSGPS.OV2 file, but it did not find the Great_Britain Navigator Map folder when i did that by mistake anyway.

Really useful app, I am very pleased you have taken the time to create it.
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry - Thanks so much for the efforts of writing the OSGPS software. I used it for the first time last week and it is making life so much easier now that I can very easily navigate to the beginning of hikes using just the British OS coordinates.

Very pleased :D

Ian
Ghillie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great program, saves a lot of hassle transferring points from Memory Map to TT5.
As mentioned in your notes on using OSGPS Convertor with TT5, I get an "Error code 11 - sharing error" after one use of a OSGPS POI inTT5.
I have found a slightly quicker way to clear this is to select a different (nearby) POI and get TT5 to navigate to this. The new OSGPS can then be converted.
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D WOW :D

Need I say more?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
pmlewisuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: OSGPS Convertor & Navman Reply with quote

Barry,

Do you plan a version for Navman ?

Thanks

Mark
Sad Confused Wink Smile
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
I don't use any other relevant GPS applications, nor any other hardware, so I've no plans to extend it currently.
I added Destinator support at the request of Getoffandwalk, and then only because he was prepared to do all the hard work, including working out exactly how to interact with Destinator, specifying the location, name and exact byte-by-byte format of the file that needed to be created, and then spending hours testing several pre-releases very thoroughly as I had no test system myself.
I'm open to requests to add support for any other mainstream apps that run on Pocket PCs (2002 or later), but only from people with in-depth technical knowledge of how their app works and the time and commitment to design and test it. At the end of the day all I'm doing is adding another file output format and a dialog for configuring where the file gets created.
If you think it can be done for NavMan SmartST for Pocket PC, and you have the technical knowledge and time to do it, then by all means get in touch. I don't mean to sound negative, just realistic about the time I have available and the difficulty of developing for software that I don't know or use.
Best wishes
Jobber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry,
Been using your program with TomTom Nav 5 to find a geocache I found that it works fine when inputting the OS Grid Reference but when using longitude & latitude when I select the POI in TTN5 I get the error "No Usable Locations Near Cursor"

Most geocaches use long & lat so Id like to be able to use this if possible.

Any ideas? All I can find from looking on this forum is that error occurs when long & lat are entered the wrong way round (aparently you need to put Longitude first and Latitude second) however if this was the case why does it work for everyone else Embarassed Crying

Love the program btw its brilliant (if only I could get this to work)

Thanks in advance
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jobber wrote:
Hi Barry,
Been using your program with TomTom Nav 5 to find a geocache I found that it works fine when inputting the OS Grid Reference but when using longitude & latitude when I select the POI in TTN5 I get the error "No Usable Locations Near Cursor"

It's the way TTN5 works. It's a road navigation programme and as such it tries to lock to the nearest road that it can navigate to. If there isn't a road within a certain distance it just doesn't want to know.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jobber wrote:
Any ideas? All I can find from looking on this forum is that error occurs when long & lat are entered the wrong way round (aparently you need to put Longitude first and Latitude second) however if this was the case why does it work for everyone else

Hi there
That info only applied to when you were typing the positions into TomTom's "Go to coordinates" dialog (which was part of TomTom version 3 but does not exist in later versions).
In my app, just type the values into the correct boxes and all should be well.
One other possible error is that you don't need any - signs anywhere in the values as the N/S E/W drop-downs take care of that, so for example enter -2 longitude as W and 2 not as W and -2.
Hope this helps, if not please try to give more detail of a position you're inputting and I'll try to replicate the problem.
LEB123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Operating Systems Reply with quote

I have a requirement to navigate to a given OS GR and I am very interested in the OS GPS Convertor software.

Before I buy any kit I would like to be sure what operating systems the Convertor will run on. The website states `Pocket PC` but I`ve tried it on an HP Jornada 540 (WinCE) and known as a Pocket PC, but it won`t run.

It would be great if you would provide a link to a page showing which OSs have been used to successfully run the OS GPS Convertor software.

ie. does it run on Windows Mobile 2002, 2003 or 5.0 ?[/quote]
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Operating Systems Reply with quote

LEB123 wrote:
ie. does it run on Windows Mobile 2002, 2003 or 5.0 ?

I can confirm that it works well on Windows Mobile 2003 (iPaq 5550).
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The honest answer is that I don't know all the Pocket PCs it will or won't run on. This link will give a hint as to why I don't even try to keep up: http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/versions.htm.
I created it using Microsoft eVC 4 which by default compiles for Windows CE 4.2, so it should be fine on a Pocket PC running Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 2003 or later.
I've followed the instructions in a Microsoft article to adjust it to actually build for Windows CE 3.0 or later, which should add anything running Pocket PC 2002 on an ARM processor to the list of supported devices. BUT I have no device on which to test if a) I did that right or b) I'm using any calls I shouldn't be which would make it "unreliable" on that platform.
Anything not using an ARM processor, or running earlier than Pocket PC 2002, almost definitely won't run it. I think that the Jornada 540 falls into this category.
I also wouldn't expect it to run on any other related devices such as smartphones, or at any other resolution than portrait 240w x 320h pixels.
Sorry this isn't more helpful - if anyone else wants to add more advice, please do.
LEB123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I`d just to add that the Jornada it failed to run on has Win CE 3.0.9348 (Build 9357) and the Processor is: SHx SH3

I hope this may prove useful to others who wish to run the Convertor.
apsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: GPS OS Converter - settings not being saved Reply with quote

I am generally impressed with this program, however it doesn't seem to save the settings (i.e. tom tom POI directory location), so I have to configure it every time, which is a real pain.

I'm using WM2005 on a LOOX N520.

Any one else reported the same problem?

Andy.
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
It saves (or in your case doesn't save) the settings in the registry. Not having a WM2005 device I don't know if things have changed with that version, but no-one else has reported this problem yet. Any idea why this might be failing on your device? If you have access to a registry editor, it might help if you could check whether the values are not being saved, or are being saved then erased, or saved wrongly, etc.
Failing that, I can think of a couple of workarounds I could do for you. I'd like to wait a bit to see if anyone else is having a similar problem first, though.
Best wishes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: