Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera database Release 3.044
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera database Release 3.044

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera database Release 3.044 Reply with quote

The new files for Release 3.044 are now on the server and can be downloaded from this page or via POIsync.

The details are as follows: -

Arrow pocketgps_uk_gatso – 3485 Gatso cameras, 102 new;
113 Truvelo cameras, 36 new identified as TRUVELO:nnn
Arrow pocketgps_uk_redlight - 811 cameras, 54 new
Arrow pocketgps_uk_mobile - 1664 sites, 298 new
Arrow pocketgps_uk_specs - 76 cameras, 12 new
Arrow pocketgps_uk_temp - 61 cameras, 21 new
Arrow pocketgps_uk_continental - 56 cameras, 2 new in Switzerland

All of the OV2 files have been created using the TomTom utility MakeOV2 so there is no need for TomTom Mobile users to reformat the files. The release number is in the readme.txt file so check that file after downloading. If the new files have not been downloaded then clear your Internet Explorer cache and try again.

Thanks to all of you that sent in updates, and keep them coming in. Thumbs Up
Also thanks to Richard (Oldie) for all of his work in administrating the database.

Unfortunately a few ISPs (e.g. NTL) use Inktomi cache servers, which means that some users of those ISPs will have to wait a while for the cache to be updated or ask someone to email you the latest update. By the way, NTL have configured their Inktomi servers to refresh after a period of between 12 and 24hrs so they will update eventually!

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Last edited by Privateer on Mon May 30, 2005 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
laidlawbob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the hard work you do. The speed zoning is especially helpful. Could I make a suggestion.

It is a bit fiddly updating as I have to find files in two separate folders. The speed zones ones for gatso & mobiles are in one folder, those for specs, red light & temp in another. Is it possible to put all these into one folder. It would also be great if you could put speed zoned bmp files for the mobiles in the same folder. That way all I have to do each time is just to select all files in that folder and download them all and I know I have updated them all.
SharpEye
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Camera Removed from Database Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just upgraded to the latest speed zoned database (I used the single file version before) in cohoots with the latest checkpoint. The notes with the zip file say there are a number of camera added, were there any removed?

I only ask because on my route home there were two cameras normally announced, on on top of Regiate Hill on the A217 adjacent to junction 8(I am sure it is still there) and one on the A24 Leatherhead Road near where it crosses the M25.

Although I don't normally leave the M25, Checkpoint announced the two cameras as they fell within the 22.5 degree look ahead zone.

I have checked with xda's message on the files he has used and I am using the same files.

However the database does now announce the mobile trap on M25 adjacent to junction 9 clockwise, so jolly good show! Smile

Cheers
SharpEye
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Camera Removed from Database Reply with quote

SharpEye wrote:
Hi,

I have just upgraded to the latest speed zoned database (I used the single file version before) in cohoots with the latest checkpoint. The notes with the zip file say there are a number of camera added, were there any removed?

I only ask because on my route home there were two cameras normally announced, on on top of Regiate Hill on the A217 adjacent to junction 8(I am sure it is still there) and one on the A24 Leatherhead Road near where it crosses the M25.

Although I don't normally leave the M25, Checkpoint announced the two cameras as they fell within the 22.5 degree look ahead zone.

I have checked with xda's message on the files he has used and I am using the same files.

However the database does now announce the mobile trap on M25 adjacent to junction 9 clockwise, so jolly good show! Smile

Cheers
SharpEye

Yes cameras are removed as well as added and repositioned. The Reigate Hill camera was GATSO:0768@40 If it really does exist (I was told that it did not) then I can reinstate it next time.

GATSO:1786 was deleted in Leatherhead but that is nearly half a mile from the M25. GATSO:2302@40 was very close to the M25 but it was on the Dorking Road. This camera was removed as it was attacked and was said to be lying on its side 8O

Richard
SharpEye
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Removed from database Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes cameras are removed as well as added and repositioned. The Reigate Hill camera was GATSO:0768@40 If it really does exist (I was told that it did not) then I can reinstate it next time.

OK, I will be going past that locatiion within the next couple of days so I will double check for you.

Quote:
GATSO:1786 was deleted in Leatherhead but that is nearly half a mile from the M25. GATSO:2302@40 was very close to the M25 but it was on the Dorking Road. This camera was removed as it was attacked and was said to be lying on its side

I think you are right about it being on the Dorking Road. I won't be able to check that one unless I quickly drive up the embankment of the M25 :D

Cheers

SharpEye
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GATSO:0768 is indeed still present at the top of Reigate hHill on the A217. I drove past it on Monday afternoon.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: