Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio 168 Today menu flat battery
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio 168 Today menu flat battery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlacierBobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Mio 168 Today menu flat battery Reply with quote

Hi
I had the dreaded flat battery last night. I had removed the SD memory card and thought I had stopped all the programs from running, I had just been reading an e-book. Does just switching the PDA off with the side button not stop power consumption? It's seems a long process to have to manually stop all running programs.
Secondly is it possible to add programs to the 'Today' menu Tom-Tom does on install but it seems logical to have the CheckPOInt program here since this starts Tom-Tom?
Bob
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could download battery pack, this is a bit of software that allows you to add the feature of when you click on the X to close the application:
http://www.totalpda.co.uk/Battery-Pack.aspx

It also adds icons on the Today page for your battery and memory status, is a really handy program.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bob

Here is a link to a couple of shortcuts you can place in the Start menu via ActiveSync on your Mio168, the one takes you to Running programs, and the other takes you to the Power menu, when on the Power menu tab Tap the Advanced tab, then set the On Battery Power to Turn off device if not used for 5 minutes.

It's still a pain, but at least it gets to the different tabs quicker. I use the Power one when I switch the unit on to un-tick the Advanced settings, then again when I switch off, to set it.

http://www.sim98.freeserve.co.uk/AMN/general/link_buttons.zip

You will need to un-zip them to your main pc then copy them to your Mio168 as above.
GlacierBobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again
Many thanks to you both for your suggestions. I will go away and try them
regards, Bob
GlacierBobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve
Have down-loaded the trial version of the battery bar. It almost gives too much information. I like many of the features and will give it a try. Funny, the only program missing from the icons is CheckPOInt!!
Bob
GlacierBobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 'Pocketgps'
The shortcuts are a help, pity the default screen isn't 'the 'Start' rather than 'Today'!! Software either tries to do too much of never quite what one wants! I suppose one has to live with what is available or write a bespoke program
Many thank,
Bob
hookiestreet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same problem this morning whereby my mitac's battery completely died but my problem is that now everything is re-installed i keep getting a message every 40 seconds or so about network connections and how it cant find one. seems ok when i have my wi-fi card inserted but its getting on my nerves now. any idea how to disable this pop-up message pls which says "cannot connect, you have no modem entries created, and no network card present". pls help.
Tom Tom Navigator 6
PDAir Aluminium Case
Medion MD PPC 150 Desktop Cradle
GlacierBobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sounds like a nice combination. Does the big sd memory slow things down at all? Soory can't help on the wireless problem. I found that when I had re-installed the Mio seems to remember old settings? These seemed to have vanished of their own accord, strange. Must try not to let the battery go flat again as it took half a day to get everything backas it was.
Hope you solve your problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: