Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - where are the .ov2 and .bmp files?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

where are the .ov2 and .bmp files?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: where are the .ov2 and .bmp files? Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just being a bit dim here...

I downloaded Checkpoint 2.0 and the pocketgps_uk_sc and unzipped the latter. I get 4 folders, csv files, speed zoned, wav files and xls files, and 4 text docs, one of which is Which files should i use, this plus all the other stuff on the forum tells me I need to copy the .ov2 and .bmp files, and I know how to do so. I just can't find the damned things, they are not in the folder. The pocketgps_uk_sc download is version 3.034 downloaded on 31st March. Is it me?

I'm about to let my subscription for my Geodesy (now RoadPilot) lapse so I hope I can get this sorted.

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers help.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's strange. I have five folders, the fifth one unsurprisingly being ov2, bmp.

Just out of interest, what OS are you running on your PC?
missing_user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are five files and four text documents!
norfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim & strumble, sadly on my download I don't get the fifth folder which clearly is the one I need. I've tried downloading it again but the folder is still missing.

My PC is running XP Home. The iPAQ is on PocketPC v 3.0.11171 (Build 11178).
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How odd. Want an email attachment of the relevant folder? It's a 72 Kb download as a zipfile.
norfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes please Tim
norfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very strange Tim! As you know the OV2 & bmp files didn't come through on the email either (or should I say my PC doesn't let me see them for some reason) and as I'm currently at work on a different PC I thought I'd try again. Just did a download of the database and the files are there this time. Hopefully now I can get up and running (will try later, haven't got time just now). Very many thanks indeed for offering to help, will give you a shout if I have any more trouble with this.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norfy wrote:
very strange Tim! As you know the OV2 & bmp files didn't come through on the email either (or should I say my PC doesn't let me see them for some reason) and as I'm currently at work on a different PC I thought I'd try again. Just did a download of the database and the files are there this time. Hopefully now I can get up and running (will try later, haven't got time just now). Very many thanks indeed for offering to help, will give you a shout if I have any more trouble with this.

In the current ZIP file I have removed the comma from the original folder name, ie "ov2, bmp" and that seems to have cured the problem that some people were experiencing.
norfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oldie, just tried a download to my home PC and this time I get the "missing" files here too, as well as having got them on my work pc earlier today.

Will try transferring the required files over to my iPAQ in the next day or 2, fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my query, I appreciate your efforts to help.
the_seguins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2 ???? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I might be missing something but I have read through all the forums and can't seem to find the answer. When installing the database with GPSAssist, I should find two files ... pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2 and .bmp however I have downloaded this file three times with no luck....

I am running winxp and when I unzip the folders, I have 5 folders...

Any help appreciated...

my email is the_seguins@yahoo.com

Thank you.
norfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files you need should be in a folder called "ov2 bmp files". The folder you download initially is a "zip" file which you need to unzip to be able to use the files themselves. I had a problem initially as the ov2 bmp folder itself wasn't showing within the downloaded files, I only had 4 folders. BUt they changed some stuff a few days ago and when I tried again, the "missing" folder is there, everything is downloaded, installed and working.

Maybe you haven't unzipped the download before you try to copy the ov2 and bmp files? If you have 5 folders, I think this may be your problem. But you say you have unzipped, so maybe not.

My experience is with Checkpoint, so not sure what you do after that as you are using GPSAssist.

I can email the files if you are still stuck.
the_seguins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Still Not Sure Reply with quote

Hi Norfy,

Thanks for the reply. I am familliar with using zipping files etc, and all that stuff but I might be missing something here. I do have 5 folders, one of which is called a 'ov2 bmp files' folder.

In that folder, I have 12 files, which 10 start with pocketgps_uk_??.??? and the other two are pocketgps_continental.??? however I still can't seem to locate the two files called pocketgps_uk_sc.???...

I am either really missing something simple here or I do not have the two files....

Thanks for your help...
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Still Not Sure Reply with quote

the_seguins wrote:
Hi Norfy,

Thanks for the reply. I am familliar with using zipping files etc, and all that stuff but I might be missing something here. I do have 5 folders, one of which is called a 'ov2 bmp files' folder.

In that folder, I have 12 files, which 10 start with pocketgps_uk_??.??? and the other two are pocketgps_continental.??? however I still can't seem to locate the two files called pocketgps_uk_sc.???...

I am either really missing something simple here or I do not have the two files....

Thanks for your help...

If you read this item, at the bottom, under Miscellaneous Information, you will see this refers to the original camera database and is no longer used.

Does that help?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
nobby69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: where can i find the bmp and ov2 files?? Reply with quote

please could somebody email me the files;
POCKETGPS_UK_SC.OV2
POCKETGPS_UK_SC.BMP

i have downloaded the links and i cannot find these files when i have unzipped the download. any help would be greatly appreicated.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: where can i find the bmp and ov2 files?? Reply with quote

nobby69 wrote:
please could somebody email me the files;
POCKETGPS_UK_SC.OV2
POCKETGPS_UK_SC.BMP

i have downloaded the links and i cannot find these files when i have unzipped the download. any help would be greatly appreicated.
There are no such files now. Please read this

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: