Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Transonic 3002
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Transonic 3002
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Transonic 3002 Reply with quote

Just bought this unit from mackro with just the UK map. I have been trying to get the speed camera databse to work on it.
I have installed POI-Warner on to it and logged on to a couple of sites, it said it was downloading poi's .

My problem is now I can't seem to get to the main screen of POI Warner its running in the back ground but I can't get the main screen up to set all the poi's

any ideas please.

Flack :D
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Transonic 3002 Reply with quote

Ok update

All sorted now, it seems I had a bad install all overlays are now showing and I can switch screens to get to POI Warner.

Flack. :D
a1dogman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have also just bought the same system but didnt known i could do this poi warner could you tell me what you did?
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: a1dogman Reply with quote

Ok bud this is what I did.

download POI Warner from here http://www.navigating.de/MN4_en/POI/Index.htm

, there is a small fee to register the software during install. ( I presume you have loaded microsoft activesync first and its connected to your pna from your main pc)
When you have got poi warner installed follow this info on this page
http://www.sim98.freeserve.co.uk/AMN/index.htm

Also do a search in this forum on how to config and setup POI Warner.

Then when you need to access POI warner look at the bottom left of the screen and you will see a small green square click this with your stylus and you can change or add overlays .

This really threw me because I could not find any info on how to set this unit up with overlays. once you read through these pages it should all come clear on how to do it.

good luck Flack :D
a1dogman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot will give it a try
a1dogman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed the poi warner and poi file works a treat. many thanks
Latts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: a1dogman Reply with quote

Flack

How much is a small fee to register the POI Warner software.

Latts
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Latts Reply with quote

£20.00 and well worth it, because you need it to run the Points of Interest.
You can load as many as you want on your PNA and only have the ones showing that you need at the time of use. of course the Speed Camera one is a full time viewing option.

With these few additions this small unit is fantastic, I used to use Info map 4 that was run off my laptop in my car,.it was displayed on an 8" touch screen monitor. I thought this was good but this Transonic knocks the spots off it, and I have no setting up or loads of cables in my car.

I am very pleased with it and its very accurate .

Flack. Laughing
peter999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Setup problems with transonic 3002 + MN4 Reply with quote

In common with others here I bought one from Makro. I've put POI Warner on it and have downloaded the Speedcams from POIhandler.com after paying the subscriptions but cannot get it to work properly :
1. How do you get into POI Warner programme from the main screen - I have no green or red squares in the botton left hand corner. The only access is through my pc when I have to load the set-up again.
2. When I click to 'start monitoring' after downloading, the screen locks up (with the egg-timer going) and I end up having to do a re-set after which I've lost everything and have to start again.
There must be something I missed ?.....
Any help appreciated.
peter999
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re- POI Warner Reply with quote

peter999

I think you might have d/loaded the wrong POI software, just check back at there site and look on the top you need the 4th box along with Mobile Navigator 4 on it. I know because I did the same try this and drop back and let me know.

Flack Laughing
peter999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Flack.

I checked at navigating.de (its the fourth box after 'home') and I have the correct programme downloaded. In fact when I connect to the internet and ask it to check for the latest update, it confirms that I have the latest !
Any other thoughts ?

peter999
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re- POI Reply with quote

peter999

I think I see what your problem is now I do not use the speed camera database from POIhandler.com the files are in the wrong format.

I use and convert the database from this site just d/load and install POI Edit then d/load the speed cam files from here then convert them to asci files with POI edit. Use this link

http://www.sim98.freeserve.co.uk/AMN/index.htm

You then need to copy them to the folder in POI Warner called POI's access this with Active sync..

But you should see the red square at the bottom left of your screen and it will go to green when you are monitoring overlays with POI warner.

Flack...
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: peter999 Reply with quote

Also when you are in Map view you can access POI Warner by just clicking on the map, a menu should show up and you have a few options to choose from.

Flack . Laughing
peter999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flack

The download area for the camera sites seems to be down presently. There is no way I can access the POI Warner programme from anywhere when the unit is turned on except by reloading the programme again from ActiveSync. There is no red or green box to click on. Something must be wrong. Frustrating to say the least.

Peter999
Alvin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Transonic Reply with quote

Did you select correct option when installing POI Warner PNA not PDA?

Also this might help

I now have my transonic booting to Windows CE desktop follow this link for instructions

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23418

This method is for the Medion PNA but also works for the Transonic with very slight modification,

The method :

Download the additional files required here: installation pack http://www.gpspassion.com/download/custom150e.zip
Connect the Transonic to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'

Copy 'regedit.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp.
Now create a new folder on your Transonic
now Copy 'modified.reg' from zip file into the 'New Folder' folder on the device

Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!)

When the Transonic reboots it will automatically launch Regedit. Click 'File | Import' and then locate the 'New Folder' folder in the files and folders selection list and double click to open. You will see the 'modified.reg' file we copied in Step 4, double-click to import
(this part took a few atempts, because the navigon software will load if you are not quick enough, just do a soft restart if you don't manage it first time)
Locate regedit.exe in \Windows\StartUp. Cut this file and paste into \Windows\Programs .Copy 'showtaskbar.exe' from the .zip file and paste into \Windows\StartUp

Locate mnavdce.exe in the 'mnav' folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to and paste into \Windows\Desktop. Repeat this process for 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows

Finally, reset your device once more with the stylus and it will boot to the WinCE desktop with shortcuts to the three applications you had before. If you hold your stylus at the bottom left of the screen on the thin grey bar the WinCE taskbar will appear and you will gain access to the standard WinCE apps.

You should now be able to access POI Warner application.

Regards

Alvin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: