Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No GPS signal with Tungsten E
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No GPS signal with Tungsten E

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrawn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: No GPS signal with Tungsten E Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently bought a Kirrio Tungsten E navigation pack off of ebay and am having some problems. Installation was fine (Although it is only Mapsonic 1.3) and installing the hardware in the car was no problem. After a little bit the GPS receiver went from a solid red light to a flashing red light, which the manual says means it has detected GPS. The only problem is Mapsonic is still saying 'No GPS' on the Tungsten E. I checked that the GPS Parameters are set correctly ('Active' and '4800 bauds') but Mapsonic still says no GPS.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Does anyone have any ideas how to solve the problem? Would upgrading to version 3.0 be likely to solve this? I don't want to pay for the upgrade until I know for sure this kit works with my Tungsten.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Southy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried doing a system reset with everything still attached? I lent my Zire 31 GPS system to a colleague and they suffered the same problem. A couple of system resets sorted this out.

Rolling Eyes

Lee
thrawn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southy wrote:
Have you tried doing a system reset with everything still attached? I lent my Zire 31 GPS system to a colleague and they suffered the same problem. A couple of system resets sorted this out.

Rolling Eyes

Lee

By everything attached do you mean in the mounting kit with the GPS receiver plugged in? If so I'm not sure if that's possible with the Tungsten E, as the reset hole is at the back of the unit, and is impossible to get to while the Tungsten E is in the mounting unit. Just connecting the GPS receiver directly to the Tungsten, outside of the mounting kit, doesn't seem to supply any power to the GPS receiver, even if the Tungsten is plugged in.

Or is there a way of performing a system reset via the Palm software?

Thanks
Southy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i do mean with the GPS still connected. The Zire 31 has the GPS attached on a wire and not as part of the cradle.

You can't do a full system reset from the PDA (not on mine anyway). It is mainly used for reseting when the handheld hangs or when new software has been installed and a restart is necessary.

Confused
Zaphod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, drove me crazy! It turned out, in my case at least, to be where the mini USB lead plugs into the cradle, at the back and hidden from view. Connection or lead seemed to have a loose connection, I jiggled it a bit and it came up with "GPS 0" in a second, then locked on very quickly. Has worked fine since then even using the wobbly air vent mount.
thrawn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaphod wrote:
I had the same problem, drove me crazy! It turned out, in my case at least, to be where the mini USB lead plugs into the cradle, at the back and hidden from view. Connection or lead seemed to have a loose connection, I jiggled it a bit and it came up with "GPS 0" in a second, then locked on very quickly. Has worked fine since then even using the wobbly air vent mount.

That would make sense as the power cable needs to be wiggled a bit some times before that works. I'll give it a try. Thanks Smile
Cob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing - it seems that the gps lead needs a really good shove in to the base to connect!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: