Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman launches SmartST V3 for Palm Tungsten, T2 and T3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman launches SmartST V3 for Palm Tungsten, T2 and T3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Navman launches SmartST V3 for Palm Tungsten, T2 and T3 Reply with quote

Navman SmartST V3 is now available for the Palm Tungsten, T2 and T3. SmartST V3 is sold with the latest street-level maps for Western Europe.

Key V3 software features include:

· Improved map routing and address search using post codes
· Enhanced map detail
· Turn-by-turn mini maps
· Points-of-interest import function (i.e safety cameras, petrol stations, etc.)
· Multi-stop trip planning (i.e A to B to C....)

For further information click here
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
matty2767
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for people like me who just want the software this pricing structure from navman stinks. they sell the software for £149 ex delivery but global sell the 4470 package inc receiver and mounts for £154 (http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/viewprod.php?product_id=2586&max_cat_id=14&vt=list). i would expect to pay £70 for the maps max!. there isnt even a demo available.

then they moan when their software appears on file sharing networks.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see if Global keep to that price. I've seen them take preorders for quite a few items and the final selling price is often quite a bit higher.
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman UK should really proof read their web site
The heading says "Pan European street-level maps of Western Europe for Palm T1, T2 and T3" and yet elsewhere on the page you can see it is not compatible with the Tungsten T1 :P

and

News Article
"...Navman launches SmartST V3 for Palm Tungsten, T2 and T3..." should really be
"...Navman launches SmartST V3 for Palm Tungsten T2 and T3..." as the
Tungsten,
T2 and
T3 are three different models.

and

"...This will give you access our full product knowledge base... "

and there's more while I am giving them a serve Laughing

Check the Search engine Meta Tags on the Navman Store pages!!! (Right click > view source)

Way way too many to list, but here's a sample of what users might be searching for when Navman just know they really are interested in a GPS Exclamation Everything from:

"BBC, ITV, Virgin Airways, Cheap Loan, Cheap DVDs, Ronaldo, Charlotte Church (for christ sake), Tom Cruise, Elton John, Brad Pitt , Sex and the city, Spice Girls, Cheap DVDs, Cheap MP3, Ringtones, National Lottery, Jobs, Gardening tips, CV writing, Recipes, Food, ..."

I have clearly got too much time on my hands haven't I Smile
mcogman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet again - no Tungsten C!

My understanding from a Navman telephone representative some six weeks ago was that SmartSt v3 for Palm OS5 would work on OS5 Palms.

Now that seems to have changed as there is no reference to the Tungsten C on their compatability chart which, by the way, shows no compatability for ANY "software-only" solutions, only those with Navman approved GPS receivers. Even now, there is a very helpful person from Navman trying to find out for me if they have ever tested the Tungsten C and whether or not I can "try before I buy" (I live in hope! )

Bearing in mind how many T/Cs there are out there and also bearing in mind that they are probably one of the Palms with the most clout to deal with GPS software I find it amazing that Navman have not covered as many Palms as possible in their testing, if only to increase their sales potential.

Any other Palm Tungsten C owners out there who agree? Smile Smile

Mike.
matty2767
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree mate although i have a t2. i also feel it is poor that there is no demo available. who is going to shell out £150 on something they havent tried?. unfortunatley there isnt enough competition for palm gps. check out the prices of the smartst v3 for ppc and you will see what i mean - £60.
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dununda wrote:
Navman UK should really proof read their web site The heading says "Pan European street-level maps of Western Europe for Palm T1, T2 and T3" and yet elsewhere on the page you can see it is not compatible with the Tungsten T1

The heading now correctly says "Pan European street-level maps of Western Europe for Palm T2 and T3"

Good to see that you guys at Navman read this site :D

BTW, while you got the liquid paper out... Further down the same page: Navman GPS 4460/4470 on Palm Tungsten T2 ans T3. Wink
IronBird
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty2767 wrote:
i agree mate although i have a t2. i also feel it is poor that there is no demo available. who is going to shell out £150 on something they havent tried?. unfortunatley there isnt enough competition for palm gps. check out the prices of the smartst v3 for ppc and you will see what i mean - £60.
But the Palm version of SmartST v3 is street level for the whole of europe, & the 4470 kit only has street level of one region & major roads of the rest! And it's still less than half the price of TomTom 8O
matty2767
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i didnt realise that. so i just want the software that comes with the 4470 pack.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried Navman SmartST for Palm V3 on T1 -- it does work.
Haven't tried on T|C yet but no reason why it shouldn't work if you have a wired receiver (I know it works on T|E with wired receiver so it should be fine on T|C).
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Service Pack has been release that provides Palm T5/Treo 650 Smartphone support amongst other things. My SmartST3 went from 3.0019 to 3.2004. To get the update follow the update software prompts from withing SmartST on your PC.
Nice job Navman bringing out the update so soon.
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides adding support for T5/Treo650, 3.00.2004 update also vastly improves Contacts -- especially for newer palmOne units with Contacts application (instead of PalmSource standard Address) which allows up to three addresses per entry, and has improved start-up time (makes big difference if you have basemaps loaded). Back buttons now also work as Back button on a browser instead of being fixed links.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: