Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint Speed Warning Doesn't Work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint Speed Warning Doesn't Work
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Checkpoint Speed Warning Doesn't Work Reply with quote

Hello there,

I love checkpoint, always have since it came out, works very well on my ipaq and trusty navman jacket with TomTom3.

The sounds work like a dream alerting you "speed camera within range" and "speed camera just ahead"

However I cannot for the life of me get it to alert me using the Speed Warning.

I've even set it so that it gives me a warning 5 seconds before the POI camera and if I am breaking a limit of 10mph. The other warnings are set to 30 and 15 seconds so they're not overlapping the other sound.

Run out of ideas ?? help !
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This only works if the POIs you use have been broken down into seperate speed limit files. Until recently ours was not but Richard has been working feverishly and the latest January release has roughly half the cameras in this format and more will be converted as we receive the speed data for each camera site.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
This only works if the POIs you use have been broken down into seperate speed limit files. Until recently ours was not but Richard has been working feverishly and the latest January release has roughly half the cameras in this format and more will be converted as we receive the speed data for each camera site.

Well I relalise this, I've installed the update and it's quite funky.

I specifically went out for a drive last to find some '30 zoned Gatso' cameras which showed up. I pulled over and double checked that I had speeding warning enabled for the 30 zones and approcahed the camera doing 31 Wink

When the alarm didn't sound I set the speed limit for these zones to 10mph and tried again.

That doesn't make sense anyway, surely any POI that you set a Speed warning for should commit the audio file if you drive past it faster than the specified speed, e.g. if I drive past a McDonalds faster than 20mph it could beep at me if I had set the Speed warning to do so.

It doesn't work for me on any POI's all set to 10mph - it didn't used to work before so it is something to do with my Checkpoint install - which plays the 30 and 15 second warnings with no problems.

It's very 3.2.0.0 I'm using.

Thanks for any more ideas you can come up with.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:
It doesn't work for me on any POI's all set to 10mph - it didn't used to work before so it is something to do with my Checkpoint install - which plays the 30 and 15 second warnings with no problems.
Take an example POI file you have setup that's not working, go to Overlay Settings within CheckPOInt, and list out the options you have set on every tab (especially the first tab and the speed related tab) and we can see if anything jumps out.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:
Take an example POI file you have setup that's not working, go to Overlay Settings within CheckPOInt, and list out the options you have set on every tab (especially the first tab and the speed related tab) and we can see if anything jumps out.

Okey doke,

I go into Overlay settings, expand the Not Synchornized Folder (I just copy them onto the flash card)

Take Pocketgps_uk_gatso_30 and select Properties

Detection
Checked = Detected POI's from this ovelay @ 25 degree angle

First Warning Tab
Cheked = Give a first warning, Give the warning at 30 seconds and play the file speedcaminrange.wav (which works)

Speed Warning, Speed Limit for POI's in this overlay
is currently set to 20mph to encourage it to go off !!
Give the warning 5 sec. before the POI
Sound to play = general.wav (which def exists)

Last warning
Checked = Give a lsat warning
Give the warning 15 sec. before the POI
Plays file Speedcamjustahead.wav (which works)

So it's just the speed warning that doesnt play Sad
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:

First Warning Tab
Cheked = Give a first warning, Give the warning at 30 seconds and play the file speedcaminrange.wav (which works)

Last warning

I wonder if it's a timing thing - CheckPOInt only checks once a second (or longer depending how you've configured it), and I wonder if it hasn't had time to recover from playing the last warning...

Try turning off the last warning, and see if it now works. If so, it's either the length of the last warning, or the timings you have set that are causing the problem.

If it helps, I have mine set to:

1st: 30 secs.
Speed: 20 secs.
Last: 10 secs.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:

First Warning Tab

Last warning

I wonder if it's a timing thing - CheckPOInt only checks once a second (or longer depending how you've configured it), and I wonder if it hasn't had time to recover from playing the last warning...

Try turning off the last warning, and see if it now works. If so, it's either the length of the last warning, or the timings you have set that are causing the problem.

If it helps, I have mine set to:

1st: 30 secs.
Speed: 20 secs.
Last: 10 secs.

Well I thought that could be the cause, so I tried setting first warning to 30, second to 15 and the speed warning to 5 thinking that is plenty of time.

hmmmm, confused 8O
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:
Well I thought that could be the cause, so I tried setting first warning to 30, second to 15 and the speed warning to 5 thinking that is plenty of time.

Best thing to try is to turn off the 2nd (last) warning, and leave the 1st at 30, but move the speed to 10 secs. Once you have got the sound, you can then tweak the timings until they are as you would wish. Personally, 5 secs sounds quite tight in which to reduce your speed in time for the camera.

Also, click on the sound wav location, and reselect the sound - it will sound there and then, which will ensure that CheckPOInt can find and play the sound.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:

Best thing to try is to turn off the 2nd (last) warning, and leave the 1st at 30, but move the speed to 10 secs. Once you have got the sound, you can then tweak the timings until they are as you would wish. Personally, 5 secs sounds quite tight in which to reduce your speed in time for the camera.

Also, click on the sound wav location, and reselect the sound - it will sound there and then, which will ensure that CheckPOInt can find and play the sound.

Well I've re-installed checkpoint and taken the last warning off, but enabled the speed warning at 15 secs (1st warning at 30) I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens !!

Cheers,
Chris.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:
swing wrote:
Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:

Well I've re-installed checkpoint and taken the last warning off, but enabled the speed warning at 15 secs (1st warning at 30) I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens !!

Cheers,
Chris.

Well tonight turned into this lunch time Smile

Sadly even with the final warning disabled it still won't play, I set the warning speed to 10mph and proceeded at 25mph (tom tom wasn't navigating so it was displaying the speed)

It can definetly play that sound file. It's not the end of the world but I assume it works fine for everyone else here ?

The Ipaq is a 3870 I've had 3 or 4 years now, the Jacket is the basic Navman 3000 (the one with the giant nob reciever on top)

It all works seemlessly except for that warning.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about trying checkpoint 2.02 ? is that worth a go ? Do you still get the bar telling you how near you are to the POI ?
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What about trying checkpoint 2.02 ? is that worth a go ? Do you still get the bar telling you how near you are to the POI ?

Yes you do get the warning bar.
By the way, did you try going past the 30 mph cameras at 40? Maybe that would work.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryd wrote:
Quote:

Yes you do get the warning bar.
By the way, did you try going past the 30 mph cameras at 40? Maybe that would work.

Wouldn't that get me speeding ticket. No I tried setting the 30 cameras speed limit to 10 to ensure that in the mind of checkpoint I was speeding.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:
It's not the end of the world but I assume it works fine for everyone else here ?
The Ipaq is a 3870 I've had 3 or 4 years now, the Jacket is the basic Navman 3000 (the one with the giant nob reciever on top)
Yes, it works fine for me with a 3870 connected to a Bluetooth GPS. I'm out of ideas as to what to suggest. It might be worth turning off the 1st alert too, so it's the only alert, and to see if something appears on the screen, or try selecting a different WAV file just in case it's that particular WAV.
Chris_GPS_Rules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Chris_GPS_Rules wrote:
It's not the end of the world but I assume it works fine for everyone else here ?
Yes, it works fine for me with a 3870 connected to a Bluetooth GPS. I'm out of ideas as to what to suggest. It might be worth turning off the 1st alert too, so it's the only alert, and to see if something appears on the screen, or try selecting a different WAV file just in case it's that particular WAV.

Something appears on the screen? you say...

Nothing appears on the screen when I drive past one breaking the speed alert........ should it ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: