Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Difference between TT Go and PDA version 3.07T?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Difference between TT Go and PDA version 3.07T?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Difference between TT Go and PDA version 3.07T? Reply with quote

Hi - I use TT 3.07T on my PDA and think it is great. My parents saw it a few days ago and now my mother is thinking of getting a TT Go for my father. Can anyone tell me the differences in functionality between the PDA version and GO - I would hate them to splash out and find it was not what they expected.

Also, a specific issue - is the address look up as bad on GO as the PDA version? I use the "UK postcode" application on the PDA, which is great, but from other posts on this site, I get the impression this does not work on GO? I think there is a POI based postcode look up - how practical is that?

Also, how robust is the TT Go solution - its all very well me faffing around with my PDA to get the BT connection working and having to do regular soft resets etc, but my father is going to expect to just turn it on and go! Does it do what it says on the tin?

Many thanks, :D
Application: TT 5.17 with Traffic
GPS: TT bt gps in TT hard wired cradle
PDA Mount: Silver Shield Amplified Speaker Mount & Cradle.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTomGo is quite robust. I have had mine for 4 months. It came without a carry case, which arrived a couple of months later. While I was was waiting i must have dropped TTG onto a hard surface at least 3 times. There are no ill effects apart fro a slight scratch on the removable fascia.

I have never had to reset my TTG.

The only software problem I had was of my own making. I was "playing" Embarassed

I think the TomTom maps for Go and PDA's are converging on the TeleAtlas series so they will be similar in future.

The postcodes are in TTG, but only the first 5 digits. If you want a 7 digit search you can download for free from the web and store it as a Point of Interest.

Similarly you can download the speed camera database and lots of other lists.

If you need a lot of extras and / or the Europe map as well you will probably need to buy a bigger SD card. the standard 128Mb one is tight.
Zeena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this reiew to get an idea on the differeve between TT3 and TT GO... (GO is wery simmilar to the NavPack)
http://pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-navigator-2004-na.php

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: