Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Major Probelm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Probelm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Major Probelm Reply with quote

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a major problem setting up TT Traffic Navigator. I Shall expalin below how and what settings i have used, which i have taken from the tomtom website (http://support.tomtom.com/traffic/guidephone/uk/ppc_peconnect.htm) , i would appreciate if anyone from this site could explain to me where i have gone wrong, ok here it goes:

1) After downloading the latest plugin for TTTN, on my XDA II i went to Start> Settings> Connections> Connections> Advanced> Select Location
Put a tick in MOBILE then EDIT then made sure there was nothing in any of the boxes apart from Mobile in the name box at the top. Click on OK Top.

2)In Tasks selected Add a new modem connection
Name for connections>> GPRS
Slect a modem> Cellular Line
Enter a number> ~GPRS!
user name> o2web
password> password
Click on Advanceed... >TCP/IP> Use specific IP Address 192.168.251.150 then clicked on ok then finish

Ok so now according to tomtom support i should be able to connect right? Well no i cannot, because i get the following message when i attempt to connect to TTTN "The answering modem has disconnected. To check connections settings and change them if needed, tap settins"

Now can somone please please explain to me what is it that i have done done,

Thanks in advance,
Thank you very much
Naz
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is one thing i would like to add, its not a problem witht the TTTN pluging, the error message i get is when its attempting to conntect to the GPRS connection, even if goto connections and try to connect manually connect i still get the same. My mobile Operator is O2

looking forward to your help

thanks in advance,

Regards

Nazim
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i remember righly O2 have a utility that will configure your ipaq and connect for you. this is providing your phone is setup and working properly.

have you looked on the web site?
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is before installing TTTN, i had GPRS working perfectly fine, i used to download my email. I will be ringing O2 just to confirm that my mobile gprs apn is still active.
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just rang O2 Customer Services and they have confirmed to me that my mobile.web GPRS APN is enabled. I have also just tested my O2 GPRS connection and i can connect to this fine, however still no luck with the GPRS connection i created for TTTN. Sad Sad
regrak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are in the UK? I have been running TTNT over O2 GPRS since it came out with no problems at all. Setting up the connection is pretty straight forward. The correct settings (or at least the ones that work for me) are:

Phone number: *99#
(This is part of the GPRS standard and will be the same across the world, on all networks)

Username: web
Password: Password

Make sure that in Advanced settings the tick box 'Wait for dial tone before dialling' is unticked

That's it. At some point you also need to select 'Make this my default internet connection' so that this is how TTNT will connect.

Note, TTNT just uses the default windows connection, TTNT itself does nothing with regard to the connection.

When I have had connection problems, they have been caused by:

- GPRS settings in the phone being wrong (get O2 to send new settings, make sure you tell them you want WEB settings, not WAP settings!)
- The connection being set up to use a proxy server (this won't work unless you have a public access server so untick this connections)

Hope this helps.
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where it states the phone number shouldnt the entry be>>>

~GPRS! and IP address 192.168.251.150

i'm still havin issues .. i am determined to get this working
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phone number is *99# if the right context is configured in your phone, or *99***n# - where n is the number of an explicitly configured context ID. Some phones have more than one GPRS context available, some (Nokias) have only one.

To make sure things are right, I configure the context explicitly on my Pocket PC - and I only have one context as I use a Nokia 6310i.

I dial:

*99***1#

and in my 'extra dial string command' (press the Advanced button) have

+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
(note that Pocket PC automatically prepends AT to this string, and the first number is the context ID)

That's for Vodafone - change the "internet" for whatever O2's Mobile Web APN is called.

Be careful - on some phones, changing context 1 may break WAP or MMS. If a higher context ID works, I'd use that.

David
nazimyounis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Thank you all for your kind help.. i have now got TTTN working.

Once again thank you very very much

Warm Regards

Nazim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: