Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kane still in business???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kane still in business???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gyro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Kane still in business??? Reply with quote

Anyone know why Kane Technical Support don't answer the telephone or why the Kane Gear web site is falling over?

Gyro
pmcl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Kane Wireless Ltd have been put in receivership. The support number is on answerphone but they will return calls to a landline. They are only there between 10.00am and 2pm.

If you want support advice for a product that is already registered it would be worth leaving your number as they do ring back. If you are trying to register/unlock software to use with a Palm, (like me!) you are out of luck as they can no longer do this.

If you are considering buying Kane software to use with a Palm, don't!! unless it is pre-registsred and you already have the unlock code.

Typical that having taken ages to decide which system to buy I choose one just as the company goes down!

Hope you are luckier than me.

pmcl Sad
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Kane are now Bankrupt, I'm glad I didn't upgrade to the new version.....
NeilM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Kane CarPilot upgrade Reply with quote

I had a registered copy of CarPilot Plus (Destinator based, which I fortunately got pretty cheap) - product was pretty flaky but I got reasonable support from Kane.

I didn't find the new-version upgrade pricing very attractive, however, but the Product it was based-on (Navigon MN4) looked good and received good reviews so I checked-out the Navigon site. Navigon themselves offer a 'Competitive Upgrade' for €99 plus postage, substantially less than the Kane pricing. They honoured this for return of the Kane CD, the product is a vast improvement on the original (Destinator based) Kane product and have been extremely responsive and he Smile lpful on support so far.
neville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Please help !!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a Kane Kit off of ebay and thought I was getting the Ipaq too. Stupid me.

Now I am stuck because I don't have a lot of money and can't get a refund so could you please let me know what is the cheapest Ipaq I could use or which ones are compatible for the software and kit I have.

128mb Flash Memory Card, Car Mount, In-Car charger(3800/3900) and GPS/Sat antenna and software upgrade (3D Software & Maps optimised for the UK.)

I was also wondering is the 3800/3900 the only ones compatible because I found a site with lots of Hp ipaqs and the cheapest was a 3630 or something but how can I find out if that will work with this software and kit. Please I am a complete idiot when it comes to this sort of thing and I need someones help real bad as I do not have a number for Kane Gear and it sounds like they are gone.

Would really appreciate anyones help

ATB

Nev
phantom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Which iPAQ Reply with quote

I (until recently) was using Kane on an iPAQ 3970 and within the limitations of the Kane software it worked well. I also happened to have an iPAQ 3630 so tried the Kane software on it (using a TDK Bluetooth jacket) and found that it worked within the small (around my home) area I tested it in, it was slower but still acceptable but then I got bored and went back to the 3970 which I still use but have switched to Destinator PN software which gets over many of the Kanes shortcomings.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: