Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - medion md95000 street addresses
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

medion md95000 street addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: medion md95000 street addresses Reply with quote

My street, and others around it, are not found on the data base.My hometown is st Leonards on sea. Street addresses in the adjoining town,Hastings, are also missing.Some of the surrounding towns and villages are shown to be in Kent rather than East Sussex.
The Medion helpline firstly suggested that the GB map should be reloaded from the supplied cd. I did this but had exactly the same problems.In my last call to the helpline yesterday, the advisor tried to enter my street name,and street names in Hastings. He also could get no response. He has said that he will contact me when he has looked into the problem, but to me he didn't sound very confident. Is this a common fault ? Can someone else check around the Hastings area please ?
Abb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: St Leonards on Sea Reply with quote

Checked on my Medion 41800, all seems to be OK in your area. I checked Albany Road and compared it to Autoroute and found it to be fine.
My Medion is the one from Aldi before the latest offer, eg about six months ago. Also checked Hastings and surrounding area and found no problems.
Hope that helps......Regards ....Abb.
TomTom Bluetooth Receiver
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: st leonards on sea Reply with quote

Thanks Abb, mine is the recent aldi release running with navigon 4 and tele atlas.Checked albany street--search starts then cuts out after 1 second.
Diplo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall the the older Aldi PDA that abb has included a version of Navigon that used Navteq data. As unclebill mentions the new bundle includes a version of Navigon that uses TeleAtlas data, which is a departure, as all other versions have used Navteq.

Now, I can verify that Albany Rd. (St. Leonards on Sea) does exist in TomTom 3.03, which also uses TeleAtlas. So, it's not a TeleAtlas problem as such. My guess is that the Navigon version bundled with latest Aldi PDA hasn't been proplery converted to use TeleAtlas data. If that is the case there is not much you can do about it, apart from complain! However, I would also see if you can find your street using a postcode search first.
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: md95000 missing streets Reply with quote

Found some of the Hastings streets in Market Drayton; postcodes tn34,tn35, tn37and tn38 come up when looking for "special destinations" from the map view.The post code for Hastings i think is tn38,this is the pc returned when "Hastings" is searched. Trying to find my road by pc search useing the correct code and some the alternatives above, returns some of the St Leonards streets, but not mine,or the ones nearby .
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking Hastings and st Leonards streets,I think you are right Diplo ,I will wait and see how many bugs turn up and then think about loading TT to use my tele atlas mapping,will that work ok?
Diplo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smile Yeah, you can use TomTom Navigator with the Medion - in fact, that's exactly what I do! Personally I think it's much better than the Medion Navigon software - it's noticeably faster, the 3D mode really works and the menu system is more intuitive and easy to operate. I haven't extensively tested the quality of the maps, but my local area (Liverpool) seems fine from what I've seen.
fingery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the routing in TomTom to be truly awful, the address lookup is a bloody nightmare (but the postcode util from here can fix that if you know the postcodes) and map data has more errors in the than the Medion.

That said, the interface is easier to use and it does look nicer and it has a better road avoidance system once on route.
goonerman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the medion MD95000 I just this second tried St. leonards on sea and it found it okay. I didn't type in a street name, just st leonards on sea.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With TomTom Navigator 3, it's important to upgrade the program to at least version 3.03 to sort out the address lookup (it's diabolical in 3.00 and 3.01).

The latest version of Navigator 3 is 3.07 - or 3.07T if you have a Traffic subscription.

David
unclebill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goonerman1 wrote:
Hi, I have the medion MD95000 I just this second tried St. leonards on sea and it found it okay. I didn't type in a street name, just st leonards on sea.

Hi goonerman
St leonards on sea is mostly ok for street names, except for my street and some others around the town, try augustus way. It's the Hastings streets that seem to be missing, try London road. Post code for Hastings should be tn36 , I get tn38, amongst others , that puts you back in St Leonards.
piehound
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this just may help a few of you

i live by a 2 main roads called kings lane and kings road if i search for them they do not exist but they show on the map .
the reason they dont show is the bloody software spells them wrong , they are under king's rd and king's lane if put a ' in the name it finds them no problem
mcdood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem but even more fun I live on St. Mark's Road so tried various combinations of St Marks and Saint Marks before getting the correct notation.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: